Equine Fair tickets to be won
Riding enthusiasts from all over the Westcountry are set to descend upon the South West Christmas Equine Fair, when it returns to Westpoint on Saturday, December 4 and Sunday, December 5.
This mainstay of the equine calendar, which enters its fifteenth year in 2010, attracts more than 10,000 visitors each year and offers them the chance to see some of the biggest names from the equestrian world in action.
Taking centre stage at this year’s show will be international riding icon Geoff Billington.
Geoff has been riding since the age of 11. He has been a member of the British Olympic squad twice and is certainly one of the most respected figures in show jumping. His unrivalled enthusiasm, competitive spirit and great humour make him a crowd favourite.
His demonstrations will show how he works to train and produce young horses in order to bring them on for high levels of competition. Visitors will be given hints and tips that can be used by riders of all levels in order to progress their own ability.
The fair will also feature Mole Valley Farmers sponsored Oliver Townend, Stallion Parades, Pony Club horse and hound show jumping Challenge and the new junior show jumping competition, both judged by Geoff, Showing competition and a beautiful breed society area.
The show also hosts a dedicated shopping village featuring more than 150 companies offering everything for horse and rider.
- 1 Fears over future of Methodist church
- 2 Homes and shops plan approved for site behind Exmouth's Tower Street Church
- 3 Live grenade training to resume on Woodbury Common from next month
- 4 Free water dispensers set up in Exmouth to cut plastic waste
- 5 'Residents will be unimpressed with MPs over Boris'
- 6 Budleigh prevail in terrific advert for Devon Football League
- 7 Lympstone man takes on 3,000-mile rowing challenge
- 8 Lions president marks 100th volunteer shift as Covid jab centre steward
- 9 'Mud: Mucky, marvellous - but misunderstood'
- 10 Property of the Week: Lower Broad Oak Road, West Hill
Tickets are already on sale with a discounted rate to those booking in advance. Details are available by visiting www.exmouthjournal.co.uk and clicking on the link. Alternatively, you can call (01749) 813899.
You can also keep up to date with everything happening at the show by joining the event’s Facebook group.
For exhibitor enquiries, please call (01392) 421500.
The Journal has two family tickets to give away. All you have to do to have a chance of winning one of them is answer the following question: Which international showjumping icon will be at this year’s event?
Send your answers on a postcard, along with your name, address and daytime telephone number, to Equine Fair Competition, Features Editor, Archant South West, Fair Oak Close, Exeter Airport Business Park, Clyst Honiton, near Exeter, Devon, EX5 2UL.
Entries need to arrive by Friday, November 26.
The editor’s decision is final.