Entries open for Commando Challenge
If you have ever fancied your chances at tackling the Royal Marine endurance course on Woodbury Common, now’s your chance as entries are being taken for the Commando Challenge.
Daredevils with grit, determination and a sense of humour are invited to take part in this year’s Commando Challenge.
The Woodbury Common 17k challenge is being held over the weekend of Saturday May 15 and Sunday May 15.
Those taking part will have the chance to tackle the Royal Marines endurance course of underground tunnels and black bogs, while raising funds for the Royal Marines Charitable Trust Fund (RMCTF).
Alan Hardy, event organiser and former Royal Marine, said: “All of us need to do what we can to support our troops – and this event is particularly close to my own heart as a third generation Royal within my family.
“If you really do want to make a difference then go to the Commando Challenge website now and download your entry form – it really is an opportunity to have a crack at taking on one of the famous Royal Marines military tests which all recruits have to pass to achieve their Green Beret.”
The RMCTF hopes to raise a total of �6million to coincide with the Royal Marines’ 350th birthday, on October 28 2014.
- 1 Bathing still banned at Exmouth due to pollution but restrictions lifted for Budleigh
- 2 A-level results day for students at Exmouth Community College
- 3 Passenger banned from sitting next to girls on the bus
- 4 Exmouth beach swimming ban lifted
- 5 Bathing banned at Exmouth and Budleigh due to pollution
- 6 Donation from Freemasons to fire-damaged scout hut
- 7 New drone footage shows how beavers are changing the East Devon landscape
- 8 Fundraising plea to replace Exmouth church flagpole
- 9 CANCELLED - McFly's Exmouth concert called off
• For more information about the Commando Challenge, or to enter, go to www.commandochallenge.co.uk where you can download your entry form.