Entries open for Commando Challenge
If you have ever fancied your chances at tackling the Royal Marine endurance course on Woodbury Common, now’s your chance as entries are being taken for the Commando Challenge.
Daredevils with grit, determination and a sense of humour are invited to take part in this year’s Commando Challenge.
The Woodbury Common 17k challenge is being held over the weekend of Saturday May 15 and Sunday May 15.
Those taking part will have the chance to tackle the Royal Marines endurance course of underground tunnels and black bogs, while raising funds for the Royal Marines Charitable Trust Fund (RMCTF).
Alan Hardy, event organiser and former Royal Marine, said: “All of us need to do what we can to support our troops – and this event is particularly close to my own heart as a third generation Royal within my family.
You may also want to watch:
“If you really do want to make a difference then go to the Commando Challenge website now and download your entry form – it really is an opportunity to have a crack at taking on one of the famous Royal Marines military tests which all recruits have to pass to achieve their Green Beret.”
The RMCTF hopes to raise a total of �6million to coincide with the Royal Marines’ 350th birthday, on October 28 2014.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 6 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 7 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 8 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 9 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
• For more information about the Commando Challenge, or to enter, go to www.commandochallenge.co.uk where you can download your entry form.