England fails to win World Cup bid
Russia will host competition in 2018
ENGLAND will not host the World Cup in 2018.
After a delay, the announcement was made by FIFA just a few moments ago.
David Beckham, Prime Minister David Cameron and Prince William attempted to clinch the deal to make England the host nation following a presentation in Zurich this morning.
Twenty-two delegates cast their votes in rounds before the winner was revealed.
You may also want to watch:
England had faced stiff competition from Russia and Spain, but was reportedly knocked out in the first round of voting.
Post your comments below.
- 1 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 2 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 3 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 4 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 8 Voluntary sector shows again how it responds quickly
- 9 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 10 Withies pick up their first away win of the season in Cornwall