Elderly woman treated after bungalow fire

PUBLISHED: 09:28 26 November 2013 | UPDATED: 09:28 26 November 2013

Archant

An elderly woman has been treated for smoke inhalation after a fire in a Brixington home.

One fire appliance from Exmouth was called out yesterday evening at 7.16pm to reports of an alarm sounding at a sheltered property in Churchill Road.

After gaining access to the bungalow, the crew requested an ambulance as the elderly female occupant had smoke inhalation due to a small fire in the oven.

The crew extinguished the fire, and the woman was led to safety and treated by the ambulance crew.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Exmouth Journal