Youngsters follow in Madonna’s footsteps
Two dozen members of the Drake’s and Otterton School Choir will sing to a sell-out audience at a venue which has graced international superstars, including Madonna and Take That.
They will travel by coach to perform a number of songs at Wembley Arena as part of a massed choir in the VIAM (Voice in a Million) concert.
The event is for charity, raising funds for adoption and fostering.
In total, 24 children, several members of staff, chaperones and parents will make the journey.
The choir has received funding from a couple of local organisations, including The Lions Club of Budleigh Salterton and Budleigh Salterton Carnival Committee. The choir performed at the Lions’ Christmas Party in December. Drake’s PTFA has also donated some money towards the trip.
Jean Thomas, choir leader of Drake’s and Otterton School Choir, said: “The children and staff are very excited about this unique opportunity.
“It’s a chance in a million to perform on the stage of so many great artists, like Take That and Madonna, and it will be an everlasting memory for all taking part.
- 1 What if housing developments could be done differently?
- 2 Councillors formally support bid for levelling up fund
- 3 In=person exams made a welcome return this year, now for the Proms...
- 4 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 5 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 6 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 7 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 8 Do you remember the general election of 1979?
- 9 Angry passenger keyed a car in disabled parking dispute
- 10 Floral boat dedicated to Budleigh fisherman Digger Rogers
“The children will have a rehearsal and a chance to meet some of the other choirs that will be performing before singing at the concert in the evening.”