Youngsters follow in Madonna’s footsteps
Two dozen members of the Drake’s and Otterton School Choir will sing to a sell-out audience at a venue which has graced international superstars, including Madonna and Take That.
They will travel by coach to perform a number of songs at Wembley Arena as part of a massed choir in the VIAM (Voice in a Million) concert.
The event is for charity, raising funds for adoption and fostering.
In total, 24 children, several members of staff, chaperones and parents will make the journey.
The choir has received funding from a couple of local organisations, including The Lions Club of Budleigh Salterton and Budleigh Salterton Carnival Committee. The choir performed at the Lions’ Christmas Party in December. Drake’s PTFA has also donated some money towards the trip.
You may also want to watch:
Jean Thomas, choir leader of Drake’s and Otterton School Choir, said: “The children and staff are very excited about this unique opportunity.
“It’s a chance in a million to perform on the stage of so many great artists, like Take That and Madonna, and it will be an everlasting memory for all taking part.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New live music festival is coming to Exmouth next year
“The children will have a rehearsal and a chance to meet some of the other choirs that will be performing before singing at the concert in the evening.”