Youngsters follow in Madonna’s footsteps
Two dozen members of the Drake’s and Otterton School Choir will sing to a sell-out audience at a venue which has graced international superstars, including Madonna and Take That.
They will travel by coach to perform a number of songs at Wembley Arena as part of a massed choir in the VIAM (Voice in a Million) concert.
The event is for charity, raising funds for adoption and fostering.
In total, 24 children, several members of staff, chaperones and parents will make the journey.
The choir has received funding from a couple of local organisations, including The Lions Club of Budleigh Salterton and Budleigh Salterton Carnival Committee. The choir performed at the Lions’ Christmas Party in December. Drake’s PTFA has also donated some money towards the trip.
You may also want to watch:
Jean Thomas, choir leader of Drake’s and Otterton School Choir, said: “The children and staff are very excited about this unique opportunity.
“It’s a chance in a million to perform on the stage of so many great artists, like Take That and Madonna, and it will be an everlasting memory for all taking part.
- 1 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 2 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 3 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 4 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 5 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 6 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 7 Exmouth Property Of the Week - Victoria Road
- 8 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 9 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
“The children will have a rehearsal and a chance to meet some of the other choirs that will be performing before singing at the concert in the evening.”