Youngsters follow in Madonna’s footsteps
Two dozen members of the Drake’s and Otterton School Choir will sing to a sell-out audience at a venue which has graced international superstars, including Madonna and Take That.
They will travel by coach to perform a number of songs at Wembley Arena as part of a massed choir in the VIAM (Voice in a Million) concert.
The event is for charity, raising funds for adoption and fostering.
In total, 24 children, several members of staff, chaperones and parents will make the journey.
The choir has received funding from a couple of local organisations, including The Lions Club of Budleigh Salterton and Budleigh Salterton Carnival Committee. The choir performed at the Lions’ Christmas Party in December. Drake’s PTFA has also donated some money towards the trip.
You may also want to watch:
Jean Thomas, choir leader of Drake’s and Otterton School Choir, said: “The children and staff are very excited about this unique opportunity.
“It’s a chance in a million to perform on the stage of so many great artists, like Take That and Madonna, and it will be an everlasting memory for all taking part.
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 4 Repair cafe opens again
- 5 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 6 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 7 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 8 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 9 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 10 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
“The children will have a rehearsal and a chance to meet some of the other choirs that will be performing before singing at the concert in the evening.”