Woodbury celebrates Ofsted success
- Credit: Archant
Children and staff at Woodbury C of E Primary School are celebrating after the school was given the thumbs-up by Ofsted inspectors.
They rated the school as good, with outstanding features.
In the school’s report, lead inspector John Laver praised the quality of teaching, which he says has improved since the last inspection, and pupils’ attainment, which, in most cases, is well above the national average by age 11.
He says pupils enjoy going to the school, and are willing to support each other.
Headteacher Nigel Tancock said: “The report clearly acknowledges the significant improvements that have been made since our school was previously inspected, as well as endorsing the areas we have already identified for further improvement.
You may also want to watch:
“I am delighted that Ofsted recognises the efforts we are making to ensure that all our pupils are keen to come to school and do well.
“I am grateful to everyone who contributed to the inspection process, including staff, governors and parents and, of course, the children for the part they play in our school’s success.
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 3 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 6 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 9 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 10 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
“Given the level of dedication and commitment of staff and governors, and the willingness of our children to actively engage with their learning together with continued support from parents, there is every reason to believe that our school will go from strength to strength.”