We’re the champs!
Young football players from Drake’s School, East Budleigh, have been crowned East Devon Small School Champions.
The six-a-side Co-op Small Schools Cup, run jointly by Exeter City in the Community Trust and the Co-operative, was held at Feniton Football Club and was open to boys and girls in years three and four.
The competition has the aim of encouraging sport participation in small schools and inclusion in sporting events.
Nine teams from the area entered the East Devon heats and each school played against all the other schools
Drake’s played eight games, winning six and drawing one, beating Otterton School 3-0 in the process. They scored 19 goals on the way and conceding only four.
You may also want to watch:
Head teacher Carron Saunders said: “The result went down to the last game with Drake’s needing to beat Otterton School in their final match to become East Devon Small School Champions.”
The squad now progresses to the regional finals in Cullompton in two weeks for a chance to play in the final at St James’ Park.
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Darcey makes ballerina's day
- 3 Tough day at the office for the Withies
- 4 Wider ramifications of this summer's traveller troubles
- 5 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 6 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 7 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 8 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 10 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
? The team were Josh Te Moananui, Ben Chapman, Samuel Rice, Joseph Appleby, Louis Silk, Bradley Hill, Toby Hill, Rose Hodgson and Joanna Lohmeyer-Browring.