We’re the champs!
Young football players from Drake’s School, East Budleigh, have been crowned East Devon Small School Champions.
The six-a-side Co-op Small Schools Cup, run jointly by Exeter City in the Community Trust and the Co-operative, was held at Feniton Football Club and was open to boys and girls in years three and four.
The competition has the aim of encouraging sport participation in small schools and inclusion in sporting events.
Nine teams from the area entered the East Devon heats and each school played against all the other schools
Drake’s played eight games, winning six and drawing one, beating Otterton School 3-0 in the process. They scored 19 goals on the way and conceding only four.
You may also want to watch:
Head teacher Carron Saunders said: “The result went down to the last game with Drake’s needing to beat Otterton School in their final match to become East Devon Small School Champions.”
The squad now progresses to the regional finals in Cullompton in two weeks for a chance to play in the final at St James’ Park.
- 1 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 4 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 8 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 9 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 10 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
? The team were Josh Te Moananui, Ben Chapman, Samuel Rice, Joseph Appleby, Louis Silk, Bradley Hill, Toby Hill, Rose Hodgson and Joanna Lohmeyer-Browring.