We’re the champs!
Young football players from Drake’s School, East Budleigh, have been crowned East Devon Small School Champions.
The six-a-side Co-op Small Schools Cup, run jointly by Exeter City in the Community Trust and the Co-operative, was held at Feniton Football Club and was open to boys and girls in years three and four.
The competition has the aim of encouraging sport participation in small schools and inclusion in sporting events.
Nine teams from the area entered the East Devon heats and each school played against all the other schools
Drake’s played eight games, winning six and drawing one, beating Otterton School 3-0 in the process. They scored 19 goals on the way and conceding only four.
You may also want to watch:
Head teacher Carron Saunders said: “The result went down to the last game with Drake’s needing to beat Otterton School in their final match to become East Devon Small School Champions.”
The squad now progresses to the regional finals in Cullompton in two weeks for a chance to play in the final at St James’ Park.
- 1 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
- 2 Exmouth folk and visitors love their coffee!
- 3 Clyst Valley park is part of Exmouth to Exmoor national trail vision
- 4 Christine Channon retains Devon County Council seat
- 5 Exmouth Harriers take to the roads again
- 6 Former Exmouth and Budleigh officer nominated for lifetime achievement award
- 7 Plea for help to outfit Budleigh’s new community workshop
- 8 ‘Pay what you can’ at Open Door Community Café
- 9 Tribute paid to former town manager Suzy
- 10 WBW Solicitors sponsoring best start up business award
? The team were Josh Te Moananui, Ben Chapman, Samuel Rice, Joseph Appleby, Louis Silk, Bradley Hill, Toby Hill, Rose Hodgson and Joanna Lohmeyer-Browring.