Volunteers needed for Exmouth beach clean and other news
An Exmouth store is encouraging people to help clean up the town’s beach this Sunday. Read this and more.
BIG CLEAR UP: An Exmouth store is encouraging people to help clean up the town’s beach this Sunday.
The beach clean event is being organised by Tesco’s Salterton Road store as part of a Spring Clean for the Queen campaign, held in the run up to the Diamond Jubilee.
The clean up will begin at the Maer barbecue area at 2pm. Volunteers will walk up and down the beach collecting rubbish, before returning to the barbecue area for a barbecue and free prize draw.
You may also want to watch:
NEW SIGNS: Lympstone Parish Council will introduce more stern signs in a bid to stop dog fouling on Candy’s Field.
The council had been considering banning people from letting dogs off leads in the field, however, they have been informed by dog wardens that this would not be possible, because a public footpath runs through it.
- 1 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Voluntary sector shows again how it responds quickly
- 4 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Big or small, we can all do our bit to care for planet we live on
- 8 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 9 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 10 Condolences to PM following 'senseless' killing of popular MP
However, dog wardens have stepped up patrols in the field, and the parish council will be introducing new signs, which highlight the possible �80 fine for dog fouling, at Candy’s Field and other fields in the village.
FUN DAY: A charity fun day is being held on Saturday, June 9 to raise money for Hospiscare at Exmouth FC, Southern Road, Exmouth.
During the day there will be a bouncy castle, stalls, face painting, a barbecue and a bike show.
In the evening there will be a disco and the club bar will be open from noon to 12am Sunday. If you want to set up a stall or help out, call Nigel Say on 07817695015.