Visit from top snapper inspires Exmouth students
- Credit: Archant
Photography students at Exmouth Community College have had an inspiring visit from one of the country’s leading landscape photographers.
Jem Southam, who is well known for his images of rockfalls and cliff faces, gave a talk about his work and set up his large format field camera for students to see.
He also discussed students’ own work with them.
Photography student Danielle Gibson said: “Mr Southam’s talk was a joy to listen to and it was very interesting to hear the stories behind his work as well as what he does and what equipment he uses.
“I particularly enjoyed looking through his camera and seeing the classroom upside-down! I really loved the visit.”
You may also want to watch:
A college spokesman added: “There was a buzz of excitement and enthusiasm in the department throughout the day; by the end, our visitor was speaking very highly of the work he saw from our students and is keen to see how their projects conclude in the spring.”
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 4 Sports-related projects set for £300,000 developer cash boost
- 5 'Use any quotation you like, there is a huge problem' - Anthony Bernard
- 6 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 7 Reverend Steve Jones - Finding a Quiet Space
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 Budleigh football facing a moral dilemma
- 10 Lets use money from cancelled holidays to help those in need - Anthony Bernard