Visit from top snapper inspires Exmouth students
- Credit: Archant
Photography students at Exmouth Community College have had an inspiring visit from one of the country’s leading landscape photographers.
Jem Southam, who is well known for his images of rockfalls and cliff faces, gave a talk about his work and set up his large format field camera for students to see.
He also discussed students’ own work with them.
Photography student Danielle Gibson said: “Mr Southam’s talk was a joy to listen to and it was very interesting to hear the stories behind his work as well as what he does and what equipment he uses.
“I particularly enjoyed looking through his camera and seeing the classroom upside-down! I really loved the visit.”
You may also want to watch:
A college spokesman added: “There was a buzz of excitement and enthusiasm in the department throughout the day; by the end, our visitor was speaking very highly of the work he saw from our students and is keen to see how their projects conclude in the spring.”
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 3 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 4 Budleigh CIC to launch more courses for adults with learning disabilities
- 5 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 6 Lifetime membership for Exmouth in Bloom’s 100th ‘friend’
- 7 Booktrack success for Fraya, 10
- 8 All about the data for Exmouth youth
- 9 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 10 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons