VIDEO: Tom Andrews set for USA pop charts
An Exmouth teenager looks set to storm the American pop charts when his debut album is released later this year.
Tom Andrews, 17, of St Johns Road, shot to fame in the States last year when top talkshow host Ellen DeGeneres invited him to perform on her show, and signed him to her Eleveneleven record label.
Since then, Tom, a former pupil at Colyton Grammar School, has been working hard on songwriting and recording and, after releasing single Carry Me On earlier this year, is hoping to finalise his debut album this autumn.
Tom said: “I only started singing when I was 13, through a singing competition in Exmouth, and from there I’ve just got more and more into it.
“I pushed harder and harder and it’s just snowballed to where I am now, which is fantastic.”
You may also want to watch:
Tom is now heading back to the States to put the finishing touches to his album, and Carry Me On has just been released on iTunes in the UK.
- 1 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 2 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan
- 3 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 4 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 5 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 6 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 7 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 8 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Rail users can enjoy 'moor' views as Dartmoor Line reopens after 50 years