VIDEO: Tom Andrews set for USA pop charts
An Exmouth teenager looks set to storm the American pop charts when his debut album is released later this year.
Tom Andrews, 17, of St Johns Road, shot to fame in the States last year when top talkshow host Ellen DeGeneres invited him to perform on her show, and signed him to her Eleveneleven record label.
Since then, Tom, a former pupil at Colyton Grammar School, has been working hard on songwriting and recording and, after releasing single Carry Me On earlier this year, is hoping to finalise his debut album this autumn.
Tom said: “I only started singing when I was 13, through a singing competition in Exmouth, and from there I’ve just got more and more into it.
“I pushed harder and harder and it’s just snowballed to where I am now, which is fantastic.”
You may also want to watch:
Tom is now heading back to the States to put the finishing touches to his album, and Carry Me On has just been released on iTunes in the UK.
- 1 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 2 Topsham events planned after latest stop on lockdown roadmap
- 3 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 4 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
- 5 Exmouth youngsters take part in beach clean
- 6 Volunteer appeal as charity shops prepares for incoming donations
- 7 Topsham is one of the best places to live - its official
- 8 Exmouth RNLI called to rescue Kayaker
- 9 Activities for all ages at Budleigh health and wellbeing hub
- 10 Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront