VIDEO: Tom Andrews set for USA pop charts
An Exmouth teenager looks set to storm the American pop charts when his debut album is released later this year.
Tom Andrews, 17, of St Johns Road, shot to fame in the States last year when top talkshow host Ellen DeGeneres invited him to perform on her show, and signed him to her Eleveneleven record label.
Since then, Tom, a former pupil at Colyton Grammar School, has been working hard on songwriting and recording and, after releasing single Carry Me On earlier this year, is hoping to finalise his debut album this autumn.
Tom said: “I only started singing when I was 13, through a singing competition in Exmouth, and from there I’ve just got more and more into it.
“I pushed harder and harder and it’s just snowballed to where I am now, which is fantastic.”
You may also want to watch:
Tom is now heading back to the States to put the finishing touches to his album, and Carry Me On has just been released on iTunes in the UK.
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 3 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 4 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 5 Fairlynch Museum opens its doors for longer visits
- 6 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 7 Shore anglers enjoy more success than charter boats
- 8 Rugby star Ben Moon’s Testimonial year begins
- 9 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 10 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange