Teacher’s book hits the right notes
An Exmouth music teacher is hoping to inspire others to follow in her footsteps with a new book.
Sallie Ranken, 70, of Exeter Road, has written Can We Do Another?, a book aimed at music teachers, designed to help them to motivate pupils of all ages, based on her 20 years of teaching experience.
Sallie, who teaches piano and occasionally recorder, said: “I’ve been using all these devices throughout my career and thought someone else might benefit from them.
“Quite a few people, whether trained or untrained, get a bit stuck to start with and need quite a few materials, so it’s good to have a book close to hand.
“I hope that they will find my ideas a useful source of inspiration – something I would have loved to have had when I started giving lessons.”
You may also want to watch:
Sallie’s book is available now from http://shop.soundswrite.co.uk.
- 1 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 2 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 3 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 4 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 5 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 6 St Peter's runner-up in Devon's best churchyard award
- 7 Call for 370 more care workers in East Devon
- 8 Champions of art and culture help connect communities
- 9 Serious injury abandons Exmouth v Brislington
- 10 Vandals target vital equipment used by coastwatch team