Teacher’s book hits the right notes
An Exmouth music teacher is hoping to inspire others to follow in her footsteps with a new book.
Sallie Ranken, 70, of Exeter Road, has written Can We Do Another?, a book aimed at music teachers, designed to help them to motivate pupils of all ages, based on her 20 years of teaching experience.
Sallie, who teaches piano and occasionally recorder, said: “I’ve been using all these devices throughout my career and thought someone else might benefit from them.
“Quite a few people, whether trained or untrained, get a bit stuck to start with and need quite a few materials, so it’s good to have a book close to hand.
“I hope that they will find my ideas a useful source of inspiration – something I would have loved to have had when I started giving lessons.”
You may also want to watch:
Sallie’s book is available now from http://shop.soundswrite.co.uk.
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 5 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 6 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 7 Repair cafe opens again
- 8 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter