Teacher’s book hits the right notes
An Exmouth music teacher is hoping to inspire others to follow in her footsteps with a new book.
Sallie Ranken, 70, of Exeter Road, has written Can We Do Another?, a book aimed at music teachers, designed to help them to motivate pupils of all ages, based on her 20 years of teaching experience.
Sallie, who teaches piano and occasionally recorder, said: “I’ve been using all these devices throughout my career and thought someone else might benefit from them.
“Quite a few people, whether trained or untrained, get a bit stuck to start with and need quite a few materials, so it’s good to have a book close to hand.
“I hope that they will find my ideas a useful source of inspiration – something I would have loved to have had when I started giving lessons.”
You may also want to watch:
Sallie’s book is available now from http://shop.soundswrite.co.uk.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 3 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 4 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 7 Put the kettle on to support your local hospice
- 8 ‘We’re here to help’ - eMAG’s volunteers ready to help during latest lockdown
- 9 Community energy funding helps TRIP coordinate thousands of requests for support
- 10 Temporary seafront attractions to remain in place for the summer