Teacher’s book hits the right notes
An Exmouth music teacher is hoping to inspire others to follow in her footsteps with a new book.
Sallie Ranken, 70, of Exeter Road, has written Can We Do Another?, a book aimed at music teachers, designed to help them to motivate pupils of all ages, based on her 20 years of teaching experience.
Sallie, who teaches piano and occasionally recorder, said: “I’ve been using all these devices throughout my career and thought someone else might benefit from them.
“Quite a few people, whether trained or untrained, get a bit stuck to start with and need quite a few materials, so it’s good to have a book close to hand.
“I hope that they will find my ideas a useful source of inspiration – something I would have loved to have had when I started giving lessons.”
You may also want to watch:
Sallie’s book is available now from http://shop.soundswrite.co.uk.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 5 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 6 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 7 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 10 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!