Success for Exmouth in apprentice awards
- Credit: Archant
An Exmouth pre-school and nursery, and an apprentice at an Exmouth primary school, are celebrating after receiving awards for their work.
The Dolphin Pre-school and Nursery has won the Small Business of the Year award at the Exeter College Apprenticeship Awards.
At the same awards ceremony, Melissa Hockings, who works in the foundation stage unit at Marpool Primary School, was named as Children and Young People’s Workforce Apprentice of the Year.
The judges said that the Dolphin had: “Shown that a good balance of high expectations, developmental challenges and strong pastoral interest in their young staff make for a highly-valuable training environment.
“They recognise that each young apprentice is on a journey, has a unique set of skills knowledge and life experiences and value the contribution to their team, consequently young people continue to thrive in such a positive environment.”
You may also want to watch:
Reacting to the award, Paul Bartlett, who runs the Dolphin with wife Mel, said: “It means a lot to be appreciated for the work we do bringing new apprentices on and training them up for the future, because apprentices are the future.”
Melissa was said to have won her award as the judges felt she had: “Shown commitment last year along with her willingness to listen, take on board advice and her positive attitude, which all show she is growing as a professional and team worker.”
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock