Success for Exmouth in apprentice awards
- Credit: Archant
An Exmouth pre-school and nursery, and an apprentice at an Exmouth primary school, are celebrating after receiving awards for their work.
The Dolphin Pre-school and Nursery has won the Small Business of the Year award at the Exeter College Apprenticeship Awards.
At the same awards ceremony, Melissa Hockings, who works in the foundation stage unit at Marpool Primary School, was named as Children and Young People’s Workforce Apprentice of the Year.
The judges said that the Dolphin had: “Shown that a good balance of high expectations, developmental challenges and strong pastoral interest in their young staff make for a highly-valuable training environment.
“They recognise that each young apprentice is on a journey, has a unique set of skills knowledge and life experiences and value the contribution to their team, consequently young people continue to thrive in such a positive environment.”
You may also want to watch:
Reacting to the award, Paul Bartlett, who runs the Dolphin with wife Mel, said: “It means a lot to be appreciated for the work we do bringing new apprentices on and training them up for the future, because apprentices are the future.”
Melissa was said to have won her award as the judges felt she had: “Shown commitment last year along with her willingness to listen, take on board advice and her positive attitude, which all show she is growing as a professional and team worker.”
- 1 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 2 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 6 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 7 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 10 Community thanked for help in setting up rapid testing centre at college