Sculpture gift tribute to music fest duo
The retiring founders of the Budleigh Salterton Music Festival have been gifted with a handmade sculpture by a local artist in recognition of their achievements.
The Budleigh Music Festival 2012 has been hailed as a great success with many of the 15 concerts sold out.
Performers came from all over the world, even as far as New Zealand, performing top class music to the delight of audiences.
The festival was the eighth and final one organised by Roger and Brenda Bowen.
And at the final concert they were presented with the sculpture by John Pearce, the incoming festival committee chairman, to a standing ovation from the audience at St Peter’s Church.
You may also want to watch:
John Pearce said: “As a mark of appreciation for their great contribution to Budleigh musical life, the festival committee organised a sculpture of a flute player to be made by Christine Lee of Otterton.”
Next year the festival will be organised by a committee led by John Pearce and Nicky Marshall - along very similar artistic lines.
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 4 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 5 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 6 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 7 Mental health nurse turned patient gearing up for sponsored walk to fund book
- 8 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 9 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 10 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
Final details will be available to festival friends in the autumn and to the general public in the spring - http://www.budleigh-festival.org.uk/