Sculpture gift tribute to music fest duo
The retiring founders of the Budleigh Salterton Music Festival have been gifted with a handmade sculpture by a local artist in recognition of their achievements.
The Budleigh Music Festival 2012 has been hailed as a great success with many of the 15 concerts sold out.
Performers came from all over the world, even as far as New Zealand, performing top class music to the delight of audiences.
The festival was the eighth and final one organised by Roger and Brenda Bowen.
And at the final concert they were presented with the sculpture by John Pearce, the incoming festival committee chairman, to a standing ovation from the audience at St Peter’s Church.
You may also want to watch:
John Pearce said: “As a mark of appreciation for their great contribution to Budleigh musical life, the festival committee organised a sculpture of a flute player to be made by Christine Lee of Otterton.”
Next year the festival will be organised by a committee led by John Pearce and Nicky Marshall - along very similar artistic lines.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 6 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 7 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 8 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
Final details will be available to festival friends in the autumn and to the general public in the spring - http://www.budleigh-festival.org.uk/