Sculpture gift tribute to music fest duo
The retiring founders of the Budleigh Salterton Music Festival have been gifted with a handmade sculpture by a local artist in recognition of their achievements.
The Budleigh Music Festival 2012 has been hailed as a great success with many of the 15 concerts sold out.
Performers came from all over the world, even as far as New Zealand, performing top class music to the delight of audiences.
The festival was the eighth and final one organised by Roger and Brenda Bowen.
And at the final concert they were presented with the sculpture by John Pearce, the incoming festival committee chairman, to a standing ovation from the audience at St Peter’s Church.
You may also want to watch:
John Pearce said: “As a mark of appreciation for their great contribution to Budleigh musical life, the festival committee organised a sculpture of a flute player to be made by Christine Lee of Otterton.”
Next year the festival will be organised by a committee led by John Pearce and Nicky Marshall - along very similar artistic lines.
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 3 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 4 Budleigh Lions welcome two new members
- 5 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 6 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 7 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 8 Fairlynch Museum opens its doors for longer visits
- 9 Repair cafe opens again
- 10 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
Final details will be available to festival friends in the autumn and to the general public in the spring - http://www.budleigh-festival.org.uk/