School wins gold and a bronze
Two teams of St Peter’s Church of England Primary School pupils represented East Devon in the Devon Summer School Games and clinched a gold and bronze in two events.
The competition was held in Exeter and two teams, a tennis team and a gymnastics team were made up of four years three and four pupils and six years five and six pupils.
Four pupils from Year 3 and Year 4 Esme Kilburn-Thompson, Tom Real, Ieuan Brockway and Emma Naden competed in Mini-Tennis Red winning the gold medal.
Six pupils from Year 5 and Year 6, Tegan Marratt, Hope Evans, Olivia Yarwood, Lauren Brewster, Nathan
Pym and Jack Woodthorpe, competed in Key Steps Gymnastics winning a Bronze Medal.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Woodthorpe (gymnastics) also won a Spirit of the Games medal for setting an example on and off the playing area.
Head teacher MalcolmElliott said: “Congratulations to all ten pupils who were excellent ambassadors for our school on and off the playing area.”
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 5 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 6 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 7 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 8 John and Grace run for the heart
- 9 Who blinked first? A defining moment in humanity's existence
- 10 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls