School wins gold and a bronze
Two teams of St Peter’s Church of England Primary School pupils represented East Devon in the Devon Summer School Games and clinched a gold and bronze in two events.
The competition was held in Exeter and two teams, a tennis team and a gymnastics team were made up of four years three and four pupils and six years five and six pupils.
Four pupils from Year 3 and Year 4 Esme Kilburn-Thompson, Tom Real, Ieuan Brockway and Emma Naden competed in Mini-Tennis Red winning the gold medal.
Six pupils from Year 5 and Year 6, Tegan Marratt, Hope Evans, Olivia Yarwood, Lauren Brewster, Nathan
Pym and Jack Woodthorpe, competed in Key Steps Gymnastics winning a Bronze Medal.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Woodthorpe (gymnastics) also won a Spirit of the Games medal for setting an example on and off the playing area.
Head teacher MalcolmElliott said: “Congratulations to all ten pupils who were excellent ambassadors for our school on and off the playing area.”
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 4 Repair cafe opens again
- 5 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 6 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 7 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 8 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities