School wins gold and a bronze
Two teams of St Peter’s Church of England Primary School pupils represented East Devon in the Devon Summer School Games and clinched a gold and bronze in two events.
The competition was held in Exeter and two teams, a tennis team and a gymnastics team were made up of four years three and four pupils and six years five and six pupils.
Four pupils from Year 3 and Year 4 Esme Kilburn-Thompson, Tom Real, Ieuan Brockway and Emma Naden competed in Mini-Tennis Red winning the gold medal.
Six pupils from Year 5 and Year 6, Tegan Marratt, Hope Evans, Olivia Yarwood, Lauren Brewster, Nathan
Pym and Jack Woodthorpe, competed in Key Steps Gymnastics winning a Bronze Medal.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Woodthorpe (gymnastics) also won a Spirit of the Games medal for setting an example on and off the playing area.
Head teacher MalcolmElliott said: “Congratulations to all ten pupils who were excellent ambassadors for our school on and off the playing area.”
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 4 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 7 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 8 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 9 Headteacher ‘blown away’ by response to computer fundraising campaign
- 10 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI