School wins gold and a bronze
Two teams of St Peter’s Church of England Primary School pupils represented East Devon in the Devon Summer School Games and clinched a gold and bronze in two events.
The competition was held in Exeter and two teams, a tennis team and a gymnastics team were made up of four years three and four pupils and six years five and six pupils.
Four pupils from Year 3 and Year 4 Esme Kilburn-Thompson, Tom Real, Ieuan Brockway and Emma Naden competed in Mini-Tennis Red winning the gold medal.
Six pupils from Year 5 and Year 6, Tegan Marratt, Hope Evans, Olivia Yarwood, Lauren Brewster, Nathan
Pym and Jack Woodthorpe, competed in Key Steps Gymnastics winning a Bronze Medal.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Woodthorpe (gymnastics) also won a Spirit of the Games medal for setting an example on and off the playing area.
Head teacher MalcolmElliott said: “Congratulations to all ten pupils who were excellent ambassadors for our school on and off the playing area.”
- 1 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 2 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 3 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 4 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 5 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 6 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 7 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 10 Exmouth Property Of the Week - Victoria Road