School gets thumbs up from Ofsted
Pupils and staff at an Exmouth school are celebrating after their work was praised by Ofsted inspectors.
Marpool Primary School was inspected last month, and inspectors have now delivered their report which rates the school as ‘good’ – improving on the ‘satisfactory’ grade it received two years ago.
In the report, inspectors praised the standards of teaching and leadership at the school, and its imaginative lessons.
Headteacher Rachel Pattison said she was pleased that the school’s achievements had been given the inspectors’ seal of approval.
She said: “We are really pleased to have external recognition of the good job that we are doing.
You may also want to watch:
“I think the major role has been played by the quality of teaching, and maintaining a broad curriculum that engages all the pupils.
“We’ve got things like our hubs of learning, and our forest school [in the school grounds], which are targeted provision, keeping the excitement of learning alive for children and making them want to learn, at the same time as keeping the rigour and pace of learning, with high expectations of what children can achieve.”
- 1 New recruits to help keep a safe watch over Exmouth coast
- 2 Mayor breaks ground at new Topsham retirement development
- 3 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 4 Budleigh's community workshop is proud of its heritage
- 5 Black belt grading success for Lympstone and Exmouth Karate students
- 6 Repair café returns to town to lend a helping hand
- 7 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 8 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 9 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 10 Wounded arts sector needs to know that its valued
The report says that to improve further, the school needs to improve its links with parents, and Mrs Pattison says staff will work to make that happen.
“We feel our journey to ‘outstanding’ has now begun.
“We need to carry on what we’re doing, and just fine tune it a bit more.
“We need to ensure our parents are with us all the way now and giving children the best opportunity.”