School gets thumbs up from Ofsted
Pupils and staff at an Exmouth school are celebrating after their work was praised by Ofsted inspectors.
Marpool Primary School was inspected last month, and inspectors have now delivered their report which rates the school as ‘good’ – improving on the ‘satisfactory’ grade it received two years ago.
In the report, inspectors praised the standards of teaching and leadership at the school, and its imaginative lessons.
Headteacher Rachel Pattison said she was pleased that the school’s achievements had been given the inspectors’ seal of approval.
She said: “We are really pleased to have external recognition of the good job that we are doing.
You may also want to watch:
“I think the major role has been played by the quality of teaching, and maintaining a broad curriculum that engages all the pupils.
“We’ve got things like our hubs of learning, and our forest school [in the school grounds], which are targeted provision, keeping the excitement of learning alive for children and making them want to learn, at the same time as keeping the rigour and pace of learning, with high expectations of what children can achieve.”
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 3 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 4 Budleigh CIC to launch more courses for adults with learning disabilities
- 5 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 6 Lifetime membership for Exmouth in Bloom’s 100th ‘friend’
- 7 All about the data for Exmouth youth
- 8 Booktrack success for Fraya, 10
- 9 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 10 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
The report says that to improve further, the school needs to improve its links with parents, and Mrs Pattison says staff will work to make that happen.
“We feel our journey to ‘outstanding’ has now begun.
“We need to carry on what we’re doing, and just fine tune it a bit more.
“We need to ensure our parents are with us all the way now and giving children the best opportunity.”