School appeals for support for music project
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
An exciting new music project could help Budleigh’s youngest children get a head start in music, if it gets backing from the community.
The school is hoping to develop an early years music project in conjunction with Jane Parker, a parent at the school and early childhood music specialist.
The school says the project would see Jane working with ‘early childhood’ staff, children, families and musicians in Budleigh and the surrounding area, including working with Carousel Childcare and the school’s Foundation Stage Unit.
Jane previously collaborated with school staff and pupils on the ‘Keep Budleigh Library’ song and video which was released in the summer.
A school spokesman said: “We are really keen to create a musical legacy for all generations of Budleigh and beyond, and believe this project will have a huge impact on the way we work musically within our community.
You may also want to watch:
“In order to do this we are currently looking to secure further funding and need your help.”
The school has established a fund to support the project.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon
Anyone who would like to contribute is asked to contact the school by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.