School appeals for support for music project
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
An exciting new music project could help Budleigh’s youngest children get a head start in music, if it gets backing from the community.
The school is hoping to develop an early years music project in conjunction with Jane Parker, a parent at the school and early childhood music specialist.
The school says the project would see Jane working with ‘early childhood’ staff, children, families and musicians in Budleigh and the surrounding area, including working with Carousel Childcare and the school’s Foundation Stage Unit.
Jane previously collaborated with school staff and pupils on the ‘Keep Budleigh Library’ song and video which was released in the summer.
A school spokesman said: “We are really keen to create a musical legacy for all generations of Budleigh and beyond, and believe this project will have a huge impact on the way we work musically within our community.
You may also want to watch:
“In order to do this we are currently looking to secure further funding and need your help.”
The school has established a fund to support the project.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 3 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 6 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 7 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 8 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 9 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 10 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
Anyone who would like to contribute is asked to contact the school by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.