School appeals for support for music project
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
An exciting new music project could help Budleigh’s youngest children get a head start in music, if it gets backing from the community.
The school is hoping to develop an early years music project in conjunction with Jane Parker, a parent at the school and early childhood music specialist.
The school says the project would see Jane working with ‘early childhood’ staff, children, families and musicians in Budleigh and the surrounding area, including working with Carousel Childcare and the school’s Foundation Stage Unit.
Jane previously collaborated with school staff and pupils on the ‘Keep Budleigh Library’ song and video which was released in the summer.
A school spokesman said: “We are really keen to create a musical legacy for all generations of Budleigh and beyond, and believe this project will have a huge impact on the way we work musically within our community.
You may also want to watch:
“In order to do this we are currently looking to secure further funding and need your help.”
The school has established a fund to support the project.
- 1 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 2 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 3 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 4 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 5 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 9 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 10 School’s bid to turn Budleigh into ‘town of sunflowers’
Anyone who would like to contribute is asked to contact the school by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.