Red Cross reward for its regulars
- Credit: Archant
The British Red Cross charity shop in Exmouth will be rewarding its customers with points for the pounds they spend in store from Valentine’s Day.
On Thursday (February 14,) the charity will introduce a ‘Give and Gain’ loyalty card to reward supporters who shop regularly with them.
Customers are encouraged to visit the store and enjoy a slice of cake with the staff and volunteers.
Anyone who signs up to the reward card will enjoy a 10 per cent discount off their next purchase.
The card is the first of its kind within the charity retail sector, allowing customers to gain points in exchange for their purchases as well as enabling them to easily gift aid their stock donations.
You may also want to watch:
Every pound spent earns one point and customers will be given discount vouchers according to the number of points gained. The discount vouchers can then be used in store or, if customers prefer, they can donate their points back to the Red Cross.
Abby Buckley, manager of the Red Cross shop in Exmouth, said: “Our shop has a loyal customer following and it is important to make them feel special so we are very excited to be launching this card.
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 4 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 5 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 6 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 7 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 8 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 9 Mental health nurse turned patient gearing up for sponsored walk to fund book
- 10 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
“We want to reward our existing customers for their support, but we also want to attract more people and encourage them to give and gain. Last year, Red Cross shops raised nearly £6 million towards helping people in crisis. Without the loyalty of our regular customers, we simply wouldn’t be able to reach people when they need us most.”