Record GCSE results for college
- Credit: Archant
Pupils and staff from Exmouth Community College are celebrating again after achieving ‘outstanding’ GCSE results.
A week on from receiving its best-ever grades at A-Level, it is the turn of the college’s Year 11 pupils to break records, with 64 per cent of students achieving five A* to C grades including English and Maths, an improvement of 12 per cent on last year.
The figure for five A* to Cs in all subjects was 68 per cent.
Notable achievements included Angela Roxas, who achieved an incredible ten A* and two A grades, Premier Cup winner Matthew Jackson, gained eight A* and four A grades, and Annabelle Brooks, who achieved eight A* and three A grades.
Eleanor White gained six A* and four A grades, with Joshua Brown and Victoria Upton both gaining five A* and six A grades.
You may also want to watch:
College principal Tony Alexander said: “I am thrilled for the students whose ability and hard work has resulted in the College achieving its best-ever results at GCSE and naturally am delighted that the sheer professionalism and total commitment of my staff have resulted in such excellent results.
“These outstanding results alongside last week’s best ever A-Level results are further evidence of what a truly successful school can achieve and further proof of our excellent progress toward an outstanding school, which is the aim of every student, member of staff and governor.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 3 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 4 Budleigh CIC to launch more courses for adults with learning disabilities
- 5 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 6 Lifetime membership for Exmouth in Bloom’s 100th ‘friend’
- 7 All about the data for Exmouth youth
- 8 Booktrack success for Fraya, 10
- 9 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 10 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
“This is a truly significant result for the college and I feel so proud of everyone who contributed to our highest-ever achievement.
“I wish to thank all my staff and to congratulate all our students who are a credit to themselves, the college and their parents in this great achievement.”