Pupils’ work features in Exmouth guide
FOUR young writers have won prizes in a competition to feature children’s entries in the brand new official Exmouth Guide 2011.
Ella Klepka, Ross Coldrick, Codie Preece and C-J West, from Exeter Road Community Primary School, all wrote 25-word winning entries.
They described what they like best about their town, and their words are featured in all 20,000 copies of the guide.
Prizes included a goody bag from the Donkey Sanctuary for Ella, a family ticket to Pecorama for Ross, tickets for a show at the Pavilion for Codie and a family ticket to The World of Country Life for C-J.
Beverley Alderson, deputy head at the school, said: “We did a whole school topic on why Exmouth is special, and thoroughly explored all areas of the town.
You may also want to watch:
“The children gained a real insight into how lucky they are to live in such a fantastic resort.”
The presentation took place in a full school assembly.
- 1 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan
- 4 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 5 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 6 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 7 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 8 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 New live music festival is coming to Exmouth next year
Copies of the Exmouth Guide 2011 are available from the Exmouth Tourist Information Centre and in many shops and businesses around the town.