Pupils’ work features in Exmouth guide
FOUR young writers have won prizes in a competition to feature children’s entries in the brand new official Exmouth Guide 2011.
Ella Klepka, Ross Coldrick, Codie Preece and C-J West, from Exeter Road Community Primary School, all wrote 25-word winning entries.
They described what they like best about their town, and their words are featured in all 20,000 copies of the guide.
Prizes included a goody bag from the Donkey Sanctuary for Ella, a family ticket to Pecorama for Ross, tickets for a show at the Pavilion for Codie and a family ticket to The World of Country Life for C-J.
Beverley Alderson, deputy head at the school, said: “We did a whole school topic on why Exmouth is special, and thoroughly explored all areas of the town.
“The children gained a real insight into how lucky they are to live in such a fantastic resort.”
The presentation took place in a full school assembly.
- 1 Rolling out the 'big tent' to help East Devon
- 2 Fears over future of Methodist church
- 3 'I am pro-vaccine, but I am also pro-choice'
- 4 Homes and shops plan approved for site behind Exmouth's Tower Street Church
- 5 Lympstone man takes on 3,000-mile rowing challenge
- 6 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 7 Withycombe ladies shine in six-try stunner
- 8 Free water dispensers set up in Exmouth to cut plastic waste
- 9 A pace for everyone with the Budleigh Runners
- 10 Six-goal classic for East Budleigh and Topsham
Copies of the Exmouth Guide 2011 are available from the Exmouth Tourist Information Centre and in many shops and businesses around the town.