Pupils’ work features in Exmouth guide
FOUR young writers have won prizes in a competition to feature children’s entries in the brand new official Exmouth Guide 2011.
Ella Klepka, Ross Coldrick, Codie Preece and C-J West, from Exeter Road Community Primary School, all wrote 25-word winning entries.
They described what they like best about their town, and their words are featured in all 20,000 copies of the guide.
Prizes included a goody bag from the Donkey Sanctuary for Ella, a family ticket to Pecorama for Ross, tickets for a show at the Pavilion for Codie and a family ticket to The World of Country Life for C-J.
Beverley Alderson, deputy head at the school, said: “We did a whole school topic on why Exmouth is special, and thoroughly explored all areas of the town.
“The children gained a real insight into how lucky they are to live in such a fantastic resort.”
The presentation took place in a full school assembly.
- 1 Re-surfacing work in Exmouth street branded an 'absolute mess'
- 2 Transforming Exmouth’s seafront into a collaborative canvas
- 3 Victory in the Ottery tournament for Brixington Blues
- 4 RNLI rescue canoeist in difficulty at Budleigh Salterton
- 5 Swimming pool flasher sent to mental hospital
- 6 Otterton 10-year old trekking 100 miles for endangered animals
- 7 Two paddleboarders on River Exe rescued by RNLI
- 8 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 9 Hard yards on and off the pitch for Exmouth Town
- 10 Happy bowling birthday to John Anderson
Copies of the Exmouth Guide 2011 are available from the Exmouth Tourist Information Centre and in many shops and businesses around the town.