Pupils’ work features in Exmouth guide
FOUR young writers have won prizes in a competition to feature children’s entries in the brand new official Exmouth Guide 2011.
Ella Klepka, Ross Coldrick, Codie Preece and C-J West, from Exeter Road Community Primary School, all wrote 25-word winning entries.
They described what they like best about their town, and their words are featured in all 20,000 copies of the guide.
Prizes included a goody bag from the Donkey Sanctuary for Ella, a family ticket to Pecorama for Ross, tickets for a show at the Pavilion for Codie and a family ticket to The World of Country Life for C-J.
Beverley Alderson, deputy head at the school, said: “We did a whole school topic on why Exmouth is special, and thoroughly explored all areas of the town.
You may also want to watch:
“The children gained a real insight into how lucky they are to live in such a fantastic resort.”
The presentation took place in a full school assembly.
- 1 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 2 Topsham events planned after latest stop on lockdown roadmap
- 3 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 4 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
- 5 Exmouth youngsters take part in beach clean
- 6 Volunteer appeal as charity shops prepares for incoming donations
- 7 Topsham is one of the best places to live - its official
- 8 Exmouth RNLI called to rescue Kayaker
- 9 Activities for all ages at Budleigh health and wellbeing hub
- 10 Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront
Copies of the Exmouth Guide 2011 are available from the Exmouth Tourist Information Centre and in many shops and businesses around the town.