Pupils’ work features in Exmouth guide
FOUR young writers have won prizes in a competition to feature children’s entries in the brand new official Exmouth Guide 2011.
Ella Klepka, Ross Coldrick, Codie Preece and C-J West, from Exeter Road Community Primary School, all wrote 25-word winning entries.
They described what they like best about their town, and their words are featured in all 20,000 copies of the guide.
Prizes included a goody bag from the Donkey Sanctuary for Ella, a family ticket to Pecorama for Ross, tickets for a show at the Pavilion for Codie and a family ticket to The World of Country Life for C-J.
Beverley Alderson, deputy head at the school, said: “We did a whole school topic on why Exmouth is special, and thoroughly explored all areas of the town.
You may also want to watch:
“The children gained a real insight into how lucky they are to live in such a fantastic resort.”
The presentation took place in a full school assembly.
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 3 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 4 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 5 Fairlynch Museum opens its doors for longer visits
- 6 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 7 Shore anglers enjoy more success than charter boats
- 8 Rugby star Ben Moon’s Testimonial year begins
- 9 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 10 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
Copies of the Exmouth Guide 2011 are available from the Exmouth Tourist Information Centre and in many shops and businesses around the town.