Pupils urge Government to save education
- Credit: Archant
Children at Topsham Primary School were visited by MP Hugo Swire as part of the Send a Friend to School campaign.
The scheme aims to raise awareness of youngsters living in poverty around the world and lack of education available to them.
As part of the project, pupils from year five researched the issues surrounding some children in the poorest countries around the world.
They created their own world leader models with suggestions on how they might fix the problem.
Mr Swire listened to the children’s ideas and took the models with him, along with a letter addressed to the Prime Minister, David Cameron.
You may also want to watch:
A school spokesman said pupils wanted Mr Cameron to know how strongly they felt that every child should have the right to an education. The event ended with an Alice in Wonderland-themed cake sale to raise money for the campaign.
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 4 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 5 Repair cafe opens again
- 6 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 7 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 8 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 9 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 10 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on