Pupils hit right notes at festival
Young singers and musicians from Lympstone Primary School have proved their talents after an award-winning festival appearance.
The pupils took part in the Devon Performing Arts Festival in Exeter, having been entered by peripatetic music teacher Jane Hepple.
The school’s winners were as follows: Katie Collett (girl’s solo singing, own choice, 10 years and under); Cerys Sycamore (girl’s solo singing, set song, nine years and under); Samuel Billington (boy’s solo singing, own choice, 10 years and under), (boy’s solo singing, set song, 10 years and under), (comedy song, 10 years and under); Jasmine Hepple (girl’s solo singing, own choice, seven years and under); and Archie McGrath (boy’s solo singing, own choice seven years and under), (boy’s solo singing, set song, seven years and under).
Gemma Seabrook, Abigail Clifford, Agnes Hall and Hannah Cowe also received singing certificates, and Josie Culliford received a piano certificate.
Mrs Hepple said: “The school is very keen on involving as many children as possible in a variety of musical opportunities throughout the school year.
“This is the first time the school has entered individuals into the festival, and we are looking forward to repeating the experience next year.”
- 1 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 2 Decisions on future of our seafront must include a voice for all
- 3 New look Co-op store for East Devon town
- 4 Leisure centre team offers support for refugees in Exmouth
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 6 Exhibition celebrates artist's lifelong love affair with estuary
- 7 La La Choirs in full voice to support children's hospice
- 8 Local care partnership set up for Devon to prepare for winter
- 9 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 10 Remembering a teaching 'legend' who changed thousands of lives