Pupils enjoy cinema visit
Children from an Exmouth school got to enjoy the delights of the silver screen for free as part of National Schools Film Week.
The pupils, from Beacon C of E Primary School, went to a showing of hit computer animation Rio at the Savoy Cinema.
Around 150 pupils from Key Stage One and Two attended.
School headteacher Sue Lockwood said: “We were fortunate enough to be selected to participate in National Film Week and we were delighted to give the children the opportunity for a cinema visit.
“The children had a fabulous time – they really enjoyed themselves.”
You may also want to watch:
National Schools Film Week is organised by the charity Film Education, which promotes the cinema as a way to teach children about culture.
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 3 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 4 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 5 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 6 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 7 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 8 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Exmouth Parkrun is back with a bang