Pupils enjoy cinema visit
Children from an Exmouth school got to enjoy the delights of the silver screen for free as part of National Schools Film Week.
The pupils, from Beacon C of E Primary School, went to a showing of hit computer animation Rio at the Savoy Cinema.
Around 150 pupils from Key Stage One and Two attended.
School headteacher Sue Lockwood said: “We were fortunate enough to be selected to participate in National Film Week and we were delighted to give the children the opportunity for a cinema visit.
“The children had a fabulous time – they really enjoyed themselves.”
You may also want to watch:
National Schools Film Week is organised by the charity Film Education, which promotes the cinema as a way to teach children about culture.
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 3 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 6 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 9 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 10 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake