Pupils enjoy cinema visit
Children from an Exmouth school got to enjoy the delights of the silver screen for free as part of National Schools Film Week.
The pupils, from Beacon C of E Primary School, went to a showing of hit computer animation Rio at the Savoy Cinema.
Around 150 pupils from Key Stage One and Two attended.
School headteacher Sue Lockwood said: “We were fortunate enough to be selected to participate in National Film Week and we were delighted to give the children the opportunity for a cinema visit.
“The children had a fabulous time – they really enjoyed themselves.”
You may also want to watch:
National Schools Film Week is organised by the charity Film Education, which promotes the cinema as a way to teach children about culture.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 4 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 5 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 6 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 7 Budleigh CIC to launch more courses for adults with learning disabilities
- 8 Lifetime membership for Exmouth in Bloom’s 100th ‘friend’
- 9 All about the data for Exmouth youth
- 10 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’