Pupils enjoy cinema visit
Children from an Exmouth school got to enjoy the delights of the silver screen for free as part of National Schools Film Week.
The pupils, from Beacon C of E Primary School, went to a showing of hit computer animation Rio at the Savoy Cinema.
Around 150 pupils from Key Stage One and Two attended.
School headteacher Sue Lockwood said: “We were fortunate enough to be selected to participate in National Film Week and we were delighted to give the children the opportunity for a cinema visit.
“The children had a fabulous time – they really enjoyed themselves.”
You may also want to watch:
National Schools Film Week is organised by the charity Film Education, which promotes the cinema as a way to teach children about culture.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 7 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 8 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 9 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon