Pupils come up with ideas for new facility
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at an Exmouth school have been coming up with their own ideas for how it should use some spare land on its site.
Withycombe Raleigh Primary School has launched what it calls ‘The Big Project’, to look at developing the former location of the school swimming pool.
Since the pool was removed around five years ago, the site has been unused, but the school is now hoping to use it as an area for quiet activities and learning.
To help draw up the plans, the school’s children were asked to come up with ideas for how the area should be used.
These were then shown to parents at a recent parents evening, where they were also able to give their feedback.
The plan now is to gather the best ideas from the various designs, and commission an architect to come up with a proposal.
The school is hoping to fund the plan through its PTFA, and also by securing match funding.
- 1 Full line-up announced for Exmouth Festival
- 2 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 3 'Report graffiti and vandalism', police urge Budleigh residents
- 4 New name and fresh look for Exmouth Museum
- 5 Exmouth coast watch recruit three newbies
- 6 Found: Wanted man from Exmouth
- 7 First hybrid meeting for Exmouth’s U3A branch
- 8 Exmouth to join national beacon lighting programme to mark Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 9 New book about royal celebrations of the past
- 10 East Devon beaches given prestigious blue flag award
It would also like to hear from local businesses which might be interested in supporting the project. If your business can help, email project coordinator Mike Smith at email@example.com.