Pupils come up with ideas for new facility
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at an Exmouth school have been coming up with their own ideas for how it should use some spare land on its site.
Withycombe Raleigh Primary School has launched what it calls ‘The Big Project’, to look at developing the former location of the school swimming pool.
Since the pool was removed around five years ago, the site has been unused, but the school is now hoping to use it as an area for quiet activities and learning.
To help draw up the plans, the school’s children were asked to come up with ideas for how the area should be used.
These were then shown to parents at a recent parents evening, where they were also able to give their feedback.
You may also want to watch:
The plan now is to gather the best ideas from the various designs, and commission an architect to come up with a proposal.
The school is hoping to fund the plan through its PTFA, and also by securing match funding.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 3 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 7 Covid support team thanks community for generous help
- 8 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 9 Exmouth Talking Newspaper celebrates 40th birthday
- 10 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
It would also like to hear from local businesses which might be interested in supporting the project. If your business can help, email project coordinator Mike Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.