Pupils come up with ideas for new facility
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at an Exmouth school have been coming up with their own ideas for how it should use some spare land on its site.
Withycombe Raleigh Primary School has launched what it calls ‘The Big Project’, to look at developing the former location of the school swimming pool.
Since the pool was removed around five years ago, the site has been unused, but the school is now hoping to use it as an area for quiet activities and learning.
To help draw up the plans, the school’s children were asked to come up with ideas for how the area should be used.
These were then shown to parents at a recent parents evening, where they were also able to give their feedback.
You may also want to watch:
The plan now is to gather the best ideas from the various designs, and commission an architect to come up with a proposal.
The school is hoping to fund the plan through its PTFA, and also by securing match funding.
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 4 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 Headteacher ‘blown away’ by response to computer fundraising campaign
- 10 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
It would also like to hear from local businesses which might be interested in supporting the project. If your business can help, email project coordinator Mike Smith at email@example.com.