Poster success for Clyst St Mary
Children from Clyst St Mary Primary School have highlighted the importance of hearing by taking part in a poster competition.
The ‘Hearing is ACE’ contest saw pupils from Class 5 create the posters, in order to encourage people to take hearing tests.
As part of their preparation for the contest, the pupils invited a deaf person into class to answer questions and give them a better understanding of the importance of hearing.
The contest was organised by Exeter hearing specialists Broom Reid and Harris, and the winners will be revealed at an upcoming school assembly.
Class five teacher Mandie Rose said: “Clyst St Mary Primary School was delighted to be involved in this project.
You may also want to watch:
“The poster competition was a great introduction into ‘sound and hearing’ for the class, and overall the whole experience was very positive and worthwhile.”
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 3 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 4 Budleigh Lions welcome two new members
- 5 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 6 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 7 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 8 Fairlynch Museum opens its doors for longer visits
- 9 Repair cafe opens again
- 10 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter