Poster success for Clyst St Mary
Children from Clyst St Mary Primary School have highlighted the importance of hearing by taking part in a poster competition.
The ‘Hearing is ACE’ contest saw pupils from Class 5 create the posters, in order to encourage people to take hearing tests.
As part of their preparation for the contest, the pupils invited a deaf person into class to answer questions and give them a better understanding of the importance of hearing.
The contest was organised by Exeter hearing specialists Broom Reid and Harris, and the winners will be revealed at an upcoming school assembly.
Class five teacher Mandie Rose said: “Clyst St Mary Primary School was delighted to be involved in this project.
You may also want to watch:
“The poster competition was a great introduction into ‘sound and hearing’ for the class, and overall the whole experience was very positive and worthwhile.”
- 1 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 2 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 3 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 4 Voluntary sector shows again how it responds quickly
- 5 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 6 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 7 Withies pick up their first away win of the season in Cornwall
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 10 Big or small, we can all do our bit to care for planet we live on