Otterton School medals from World Cup linesman
Young footballers from Otterton Primary School have been given lessons in fair play from a World Cup final linesman.
Mike Mullarkey was part of the team of English officials who refereed last year’s final in South Africa between Spain and the Netherlands.
He also ran the line in last year’s UEFA Champions League final between Bayern Munich and Inter Milan, and has been one of the top Premier League officials for several years.
Mike, who lives in Exeter, visited the school to present its under-11 football squad with their trophy for being the top small school team in the East Devon League.
He also showed the children his World Cup medal and the medal presented to him for officiating in the 2010 World Cup Final, as well as the actual ball used in the match between Brazil and Chile.
You may also want to watch:
Retiring head teacher Pat Fowler said: “The children were absolutely thrilled with the visit, and I’d like to thank Di Lee (pictured top left) for arranging this and for the great encouragement and support she has given the children over the years.”
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 3 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 4 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 5 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 6 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 7 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 8 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Exmouth Parkrun is back with a bang