Ofsted success for school
- Credit: Archant
Children and staff at a village school are celebrating after receiving praise from Ofsted.
Woodbury Salterton C of E Primary School was inspected over two days last month, and lead inspector Hazel Callaghan has now published a report, ranking the school as ‘good’.
Ms Callaghan praised the staff for the high levels of support they provide to children, and said pupils of all abilities achieve well, with many making better than expected progress throughout the school.
The report also says that pupils are keen and motivated learners who behave well and are caring and supportive of each other.
Headteacher Louise Lowes said: “We are pleased that the report recognises the work the school does in ensuring good achievement for all pupils, whatever their needs or abilities, and how well we provide for the children’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
You may also want to watch:
“I am delighted that the behaviour and attitudes of the children are also recognised as strengths of the school, with the children’s confidence and enjoyment of learning being highlighted.
“The dedication and skill of the staff, combined with this enthusiasm from pupils and the strong support of parents and governors mean that we are well placed to build on this success.”
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 3 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 7 Exmouth Talking Newspaper celebrates 40th birthday
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 10 Covid support team thanks community for generous help
Mrs Lowes added that the school is holding an open afternoon between 1.30pm and 3.15pm, on November 28.