Ofsted praises school
- Credit: Archant
The high quality of teaching at an Exmouth primary school has prompted the education watchdog to delay an inspection for at least 18 months.
Bassetts Farm Primary School recently had an interim assessment by education inspectors Ofsted, writes David Beasley.
It followed the last full inspection in December 2009, when inspectors judged the school to be “good”.
School that are performing well are now inspected less often, resulting in schools like Bassetts Farm being inspected just once every five years.
In contrast, schools that need improvement are inspected between one and two years after their last inspection.
You may also want to watch:
And to help decide whether a school needs more scrutiny, inspectors conduct an interim inspection.
Sir Michael Wilshaw, Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector of Schools, wrote to parents and said: “I am pleased to inform you that our interim assessment shows that the school’s performance has been sustained and that we can defer a full inspection.
- 1 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 2 Topsham events planned after latest stop on lockdown roadmap
- 3 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 4 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
- 5 Exmouth youngsters take part in beach clean
- 6 Volunteer appeal as charity shops prepares for incoming donations
- 7 Topsham is one of the best places to live - its official
- 8 Exmouth RNLI called to rescue Kayaker
- 9 Activities for all ages at Budleigh health and wellbeing hub
- 10 Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront
“As a result, the next full inspection will not take place any earlier than the summer term 2014 unless we receive information in the course of the coming year that causes us to inspect earlier.”
He said that pupils’ attainment in core subjects and those with special educational needs had been maintained as well as their educational progress and attendance levels.
Headteacher Sarah Bennett said: “We are delighted that our high standards and expectations have been sustained.
“At Bassetts Farm we are always striving to make learning fun, so that the children enjoy their learning whilst making superb progress.”