News kids section at Exmouth carnival
EXMOUTH Carnival organisers have created new category at this autumn’s event especially for primary school and nursery children.
The route of the event, on Saturday October 9, has been shortened because of the Strand improvement works and event organiser Rob Waller said: “Last year we had an entry from Withycombe play group and they walked the whole route and they were still smiling at the end.
“I watched their smiling faces and thought ‘this is brilliant, this is what Exmouth Carnival is all about Exmouth people taking part and enjoying themselves.’
“Because the route is shorter it will be easier for the children.
“We want as many kids to enter as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
The winner of the category will get �40, runner up �25,315 for third place and �10 for fourth place.
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 3 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 4 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 5 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 6 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 7 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 8 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 9 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 10 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon