News kids section at Exmouth carnival
EXMOUTH Carnival organisers have created new category at this autumn’s event especially for primary school and nursery children.
The route of the event, on Saturday October 9, has been shortened because of the Strand improvement works and event organiser Rob Waller said: “Last year we had an entry from Withycombe play group and they walked the whole route and they were still smiling at the end.
“I watched their smiling faces and thought ‘this is brilliant, this is what Exmouth Carnival is all about Exmouth people taking part and enjoying themselves.’
“Because the route is shorter it will be easier for the children.
“We want as many kids to enter as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
The winner of the category will get �40, runner up �25,315 for third place and �10 for fourth place.
- 1 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 2 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 3 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 4 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 5 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 6 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 7 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 10 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!