News kids section at Exmouth carnival
EXMOUTH Carnival organisers have created new category at this autumn’s event especially for primary school and nursery children.
The route of the event, on Saturday October 9, has been shortened because of the Strand improvement works and event organiser Rob Waller said: “Last year we had an entry from Withycombe play group and they walked the whole route and they were still smiling at the end.
“I watched their smiling faces and thought ‘this is brilliant, this is what Exmouth Carnival is all about Exmouth people taking part and enjoying themselves.’
“Because the route is shorter it will be easier for the children.
“We want as many kids to enter as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
The winner of the category will get �40, runner up �25,315 for third place and �10 for fourth place.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 3 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 4 Covid support team thanks community for generous help
- 5 Shortage of applicants lifts starting salaries
- 6 Wins for East Budleigh and the Robinettes
- 7 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon