News kids section at Exmouth carnival
EXMOUTH Carnival organisers have created new category at this autumn’s event especially for primary school and nursery children.
The route of the event, on Saturday October 9, has been shortened because of the Strand improvement works and event organiser Rob Waller said: “Last year we had an entry from Withycombe play group and they walked the whole route and they were still smiling at the end.
“I watched their smiling faces and thought ‘this is brilliant, this is what Exmouth Carnival is all about Exmouth people taking part and enjoying themselves.’
“Because the route is shorter it will be easier for the children.
“We want as many kids to enter as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
The winner of the category will get �40, runner up �25,315 for third place and �10 for fourth place.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 3 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 6 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 9 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 10 Look to the future to find the key to motivation