New play equipment for pupils
- Credit: Archant
Children at Woodbury C of E Primary School are enjoying some new play equipment thanks to the school’s PTFA.
The equipment is an extension to the school’s existing play trail which, although popular with the children, was too small for more than a few at a time to use.
The children therefore asked if more play equipment could be added, and the PTFA agreed to support them, on the understanding that the children could suggest what they wanted to see.
After looking through catalogues and discussing their options, every child in the school voted for the piece of equipment they wished to see included, with the most popular items receiving funding.
Shortly after the new trail was opened, all the children were given the chance to try it out as one of a number of organised activities that formed part of the school’s annual ‘Fun Sports’ event, when children work together in mixed age groups to engage in a range of physical and sporting challenges.
Headteacher Nigel Tancock said: “I am grateful to the PTFA for the tremendous support they provide and I am certain the extension to our play trail will continue to delight children for many years to come.
“Not only does the play trail provide opportunities for children to exercise and take on physical challenges as part of our efforts to promote a healthy lifestyle, but an all weather safety surface made from recycled tyres also reinforces another of our school’s strongly held principles.”
- 1 Exeter man guilty of threatening police officer on Exmouth seafront
- 2 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 3 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 4 Brixington Blues weather the storm to blow away Broadclyst
- 5 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 6 Ex-tree-mely good response to Rotary saplings giveaway in Exmouth
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 Theatre group returns with 9 to 5 musical magic
- 9 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?