‘Mums, bring your toddlers to Brixington’
A Brixington children’s group is appealing for more members following the departure of several youngsters into school.
Brixington Baby and Toddler Group is open every Tuesday afternoon, between 1.30pm and 3pm, during term time.
Based at Brixington Pre-school, Knappe Cross Community Centre, Brixington Lane, it is open for parents and carers with children aged up to five years old.
A spokesman for the group said: “It is a great way to meet new people and socialise with friends.
“Parents and carers are responsible for their own children during the session, but there are staff on hand to help and offer advice.”
The group offers a wide range of play activities to keep the little ones entertained, with two outdoor areas, a covered area and a grassed area with outdoor play equipment including trikes, climbing frames, slides and a playhouse.
During every session, a snack and drink is offered, with hot drinks available for parents and carers.
- 1 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 2 Man in court over alleged 'threat' to Exmouth police officer
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Harrier Amanda racing in the Chichester Harbour Trail
- 5 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 6 Exmouth humbled in the wind and rain at Millbrook
- 7 Property of the Week: The Square, Branscombe
- 8 Decisions on future of our seafront must include a voice for all
- 9 Church group sends boxes of gifts to Moldova Christmas appeal
- 10 East Devon Football Results
The spokesman said: “The first session is free, and, after that, it is �2.20 per session per child and �1.20 for each additional child. Children under six months old are free.”
l If you would like any further information, please contact Jacky Baker on (01395) 277334.