MP Hugo backs college sports pitch revamp
- Credit: Archant
East Devon MP Hugo Swire has added his backing to the new sports facility which is coming to Exmouth Community College.
As reported in last week’s Journal, the college has secured a £75,000 grant from Sport England towards a £150,000 refurbishment of its small artificial pitch, with the balance coming from LED and college funds.
Mr Swire found out more about the scheme while visiting a training session of the college’s Exmouth Raptors American football programme, which will be one of the main beneficiaries of the project.
He said: “I am delighted that funding has been obtained to provide a revamped pitch. I am sure that this improved facility will help popularise the sport [of American football] and benefit greatly the whole local community.”
The refurbishment will see new, hi-tech floodlighting fitted to the pitch, with a new 3G surface.
You may also want to watch:
As well as college students, the pitch will also be open to members of the community through LED.
In the meantime, the college is still hoping to raise an additional £65,000 for the pitch to be extended.
- 1 Booktrack success for Fraya, 10
- 2 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 3 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 4 Lifetime membership for Exmouth in Bloom’s 100th ‘friend’
- 5 Youngsters thriving in outdoor environment
- 6 Wild fire warning after camp fire remnants found at Bystock
- 7 Budleigh CIC to launch more courses for adults with learning disabilities
- 8 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 9 Climate Conversation programme for Exmouth and Honiton
- 10 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
Any businesses or benefactors who might be able to help with this are asked to email email@example.com.