MP Hugo backs college sports pitch revamp
- Credit: Archant
East Devon MP Hugo Swire has added his backing to the new sports facility which is coming to Exmouth Community College.
As reported in last week’s Journal, the college has secured a £75,000 grant from Sport England towards a £150,000 refurbishment of its small artificial pitch, with the balance coming from LED and college funds.
Mr Swire found out more about the scheme while visiting a training session of the college’s Exmouth Raptors American football programme, which will be one of the main beneficiaries of the project.
He said: “I am delighted that funding has been obtained to provide a revamped pitch. I am sure that this improved facility will help popularise the sport [of American football] and benefit greatly the whole local community.”
The refurbishment will see new, hi-tech floodlighting fitted to the pitch, with a new 3G surface.
You may also want to watch:
As well as college students, the pitch will also be open to members of the community through LED.
In the meantime, the college is still hoping to raise an additional £65,000 for the pitch to be extended.
- 1 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 2 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 3 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 6 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 7 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 10 Community thanked for help in setting up rapid testing centre at college
Any businesses or benefactors who might be able to help with this are asked to email email@example.com.