Movie magic aids Drakes School fundraiser
Children and staff at Drakes Primary School in East Budleigh raised �70 for charity after they dressed up as their favourite film characters for a day.
The fundraiser was the idea of the children and each paid 50p each for the privilege, with the proceeds to go to The Great Ormond Street Hospital - the charity chosen by the children to support for this year.
Amongst the characters was Harry Potter, Edward Scissorhands, superheroes including Spiderman and characters from The Incredibles, Muppets (Animal), Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Robin Hood, Tintin, Mafioso and the Karate Kid.
Children also brought in their favourite DVDs and had a ‘film club’ in the afternoon.
Year two teacher Louisa Corcoran said: “It was the idea of the school council.
You may also want to watch:
“They chose the charity themselves and they all really enjoyed the day.
“There was a really nice atmosphere around the school and they would love to do it again.”
- 1 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 2 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 5 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 6 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 7 Repair cafe opens again
- 8 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 9 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 10 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange