Movie magic aids Drakes School fundraiser
Children and staff at Drakes Primary School in East Budleigh raised �70 for charity after they dressed up as their favourite film characters for a day.
The fundraiser was the idea of the children and each paid 50p each for the privilege, with the proceeds to go to The Great Ormond Street Hospital - the charity chosen by the children to support for this year.
Amongst the characters was Harry Potter, Edward Scissorhands, superheroes including Spiderman and characters from The Incredibles, Muppets (Animal), Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Robin Hood, Tintin, Mafioso and the Karate Kid.
Children also brought in their favourite DVDs and had a ‘film club’ in the afternoon.
Year two teacher Louisa Corcoran said: “It was the idea of the school council.
You may also want to watch:
“They chose the charity themselves and they all really enjoyed the day.
“There was a really nice atmosphere around the school and they would love to do it again.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 3 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 6 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon
- 7 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 8 Rail users can enjoy 'moor' views as Dartmoor Line reopens after 50 years
- 9 New live music festival is coming to Exmouth next year
- 10 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers