Movie magic aids Drakes School fundraiser
Children and staff at Drakes Primary School in East Budleigh raised �70 for charity after they dressed up as their favourite film characters for a day.
The fundraiser was the idea of the children and each paid 50p each for the privilege, with the proceeds to go to The Great Ormond Street Hospital - the charity chosen by the children to support for this year.
Amongst the characters was Harry Potter, Edward Scissorhands, superheroes including Spiderman and characters from The Incredibles, Muppets (Animal), Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Robin Hood, Tintin, Mafioso and the Karate Kid.
Children also brought in their favourite DVDs and had a ‘film club’ in the afternoon.
Year two teacher Louisa Corcoran said: “It was the idea of the school council.
You may also want to watch:
“They chose the charity themselves and they all really enjoyed the day.
“There was a really nice atmosphere around the school and they would love to do it again.”
- 1 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
- 2 Exmouth folk and visitors love their coffee!
- 3 Clyst Valley park is part of Exmouth to Exmoor national trail vision
- 4 Christine Channon retains Devon County Council seat
- 5 Exmouth Harriers take to the roads again
- 6 Former Exmouth and Budleigh officer nominated for lifetime achievement award
- 7 Plea for help to outfit Budleigh’s new community workshop
- 8 ‘Pay what you can’ at Open Door Community Café
- 9 Tribute paid to former town manager Suzy
- 10 WBW Solicitors sponsoring best start up business award