Kids raise cash for Exmouth school equipment
PUPILS, parents and staff from an Exmouth school flocked to its summer fete to help raise �1500 towards new facilities.
Marpool Primary School held its annual Family Fun Night last Thursday, with more than 35 stalls and games being run by staff and PTA volunteers.
The evening also played host to the school’s summer draw, as well as performances from the school’s gymnasts and musicians.
Visitors braved overcast conditions to raise more the money which will be spent on a new PA system and reading supplies.
PTA treasurer Denise Keywood said: “There was a lovely atmosphere with everyone enjoying themselves and raising so much money for the school. It makes all the hard work by the PTA committee and staff worthwhile.”
You may also want to watch:
Nine year old pupil Katherine Murdoch said: “It was really fun and there were lots of games. My favourite was Lucky Lolly.”
The school’s next event will be three performances of the Jungle Book at the end of June.
- 1 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 4 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 5 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 6 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 7 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 8 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 9 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 10 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown