Kids raise cash for Exmouth school equipment
PUPILS, parents and staff from an Exmouth school flocked to its summer fete to help raise �1500 towards new facilities.
Marpool Primary School held its annual Family Fun Night last Thursday, with more than 35 stalls and games being run by staff and PTA volunteers.
The evening also played host to the school’s summer draw, as well as performances from the school’s gymnasts and musicians.
Visitors braved overcast conditions to raise more the money which will be spent on a new PA system and reading supplies.
PTA treasurer Denise Keywood said: “There was a lovely atmosphere with everyone enjoying themselves and raising so much money for the school. It makes all the hard work by the PTA committee and staff worthwhile.”
You may also want to watch:
Nine year old pupil Katherine Murdoch said: “It was really fun and there were lots of games. My favourite was Lucky Lolly.”
The school’s next event will be three performances of the Jungle Book at the end of June.
- 1 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 4 Delay to train travel this weekend
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Exmouth loses out on multi-million pound funding boost
- 7 Sound move to join singing group
- 8 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 9 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 10 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people