Kids raise cash for Exmouth school equipment
PUPILS, parents and staff from an Exmouth school flocked to its summer fete to help raise �1500 towards new facilities.
Marpool Primary School held its annual Family Fun Night last Thursday, with more than 35 stalls and games being run by staff and PTA volunteers.
The evening also played host to the school’s summer draw, as well as performances from the school’s gymnasts and musicians.
Visitors braved overcast conditions to raise more the money which will be spent on a new PA system and reading supplies.
PTA treasurer Denise Keywood said: “There was a lovely atmosphere with everyone enjoying themselves and raising so much money for the school. It makes all the hard work by the PTA committee and staff worthwhile.”
You may also want to watch:
Nine year old pupil Katherine Murdoch said: “It was really fun and there were lots of games. My favourite was Lucky Lolly.”
The school’s next event will be three performances of the Jungle Book at the end of June.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 4 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 5 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock