Kanuti’s visit inspires pupils
Children from Woodbury Primary School have enjoyed a visit from a former pupil of a school in Tanzania.
Kanuti Shayo attended the Seeway Tanzania project, which the Woodbury children support through their links to Woodbury Christ Church.
The children have previously raised money for items including classroom furniture and school uniforms.
During Kanuti’s visit, all the children got to ask him about Seeway and life in Tanzania, and also got the chance to learn a few words of Swahili, while Kanuti himself was able to enjoy a traditional English school lunch.
Woodbury headteacher Nigel Tancock said: “The children were very excited about Kanuti coming, and really enjoyed asking questions and being able to say a few words in Swahili.”
You may also want to watch:
Nigel says the visit has inspired the pupils to embark on another fundraising drive, to try and get a laptop for Seeway.
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 4 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 5 Repair cafe opens again
- 6 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 7 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 8 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 9 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 10 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on