Kanuti’s visit inspires pupils
Children from Woodbury Primary School have enjoyed a visit from a former pupil of a school in Tanzania.
Kanuti Shayo attended the Seeway Tanzania project, which the Woodbury children support through their links to Woodbury Christ Church.
The children have previously raised money for items including classroom furniture and school uniforms.
During Kanuti’s visit, all the children got to ask him about Seeway and life in Tanzania, and also got the chance to learn a few words of Swahili, while Kanuti himself was able to enjoy a traditional English school lunch.
Woodbury headteacher Nigel Tancock said: “The children were very excited about Kanuti coming, and really enjoyed asking questions and being able to say a few words in Swahili.”
You may also want to watch:
Nigel says the visit has inspired the pupils to embark on another fundraising drive, to try and get a laptop for Seeway.
- 1 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 2 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
- 3 Topsham events planned after latest stop on lockdown roadmap
- 4 Topsham is one of the best places to live - its official
- 5 Exmouth residents urged to have their say on WPD’s five-year plan
- 6 Jurassic Fibre installs 10Gbps connection to Winslade Park
- 7 Exmouth RNLI called to rescue Kayaker
- 8 Builders merchant encouraging businesses to support Exmouth mental health organisation
- 9 Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront
- 10 Exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Mikeys Beach Bar