Inspector has praise for ‘good’ Saplings
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A children’s centre based at Bicton College has been rated as ‘good’ by Ofsted.
Saplings Children’s Centre, which looks after more than 60 children aged up to eight, has received the report following a visit by an inspector last month.
The report, produced after the inspector spent time in the separate babies, pre-school and outdoor areas, and spoke to parents, states that Saplings meets the needs of its children well, and praises its staff and management.
Saplings manager Sue McGann said: “The Ofsted inspector commented on the warm and caring relationships the staff have with the children and how well the children are encouraged and supported to be independent, preparing them for school.
“We are pleased the inspector recognised how hard the staff work to create a caring and secure environment for the children.”
You may also want to watch:
Bicton College’s acting principal Jane Townsend said: “It is clear from the Ofsted report that the care and education of the children by the whole team is strong and that the leadership team at Saplings is working well to maintain and improve the offering for the children and their parents. We are very proud of them all.”
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 John and Grace run for the heart
- 6 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 7 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 8 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 9 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 10 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser