Inspector has praise for ‘good’ Saplings
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A children’s centre based at Bicton College has been rated as ‘good’ by Ofsted.
Saplings Children’s Centre, which looks after more than 60 children aged up to eight, has received the report following a visit by an inspector last month.
The report, produced after the inspector spent time in the separate babies, pre-school and outdoor areas, and spoke to parents, states that Saplings meets the needs of its children well, and praises its staff and management.
Saplings manager Sue McGann said: “The Ofsted inspector commented on the warm and caring relationships the staff have with the children and how well the children are encouraged and supported to be independent, preparing them for school.
“We are pleased the inspector recognised how hard the staff work to create a caring and secure environment for the children.”
You may also want to watch:
Bicton College’s acting principal Jane Townsend said: “It is clear from the Ofsted report that the care and education of the children by the whole team is strong and that the leadership team at Saplings is working well to maintain and improve the offering for the children and their parents. We are very proud of them all.”
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 3 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 4 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 5 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 8 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 9 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 10 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0