Ian’s donation to help kids with their reading
- Credit: Archant
Young readers at St Peter’s Primary School in Budleigh will be receiving some new books to get stuck into, thanks to a generous donation.
The school has received £800 for its library from local businessman Ian Crook, director of Ian Crook Wealth Management Ltd, a representative of St James’s Place Wealth Management.
The school has recently been looking at ways to finance the library, and when Ian, who is also a parent of two children at the school, heard of this, he offered to help fund some changes.
Ian said: “As a parent of children who attend St Peter’s, I am delighted to be able to support their ongoing work with this donation.”
Ian’s gift will go towards the ‘restocking of the library, providing the children with topic books and guided-reading books.
You may also want to watch:
St Peter’s headteacher Steve Hitchcock said: “My vision is to make reading at the school the most important thing.
“This sounds obvious but, as a school, we have so many pressures to squeeze and cram so much into the children, we can sometimes lose sight of what’s key to a good education.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
“At St Peter’s we are aiming to become a reading school, where reading for enjoyment and learning are central to our ethos.
“Ian’s kind donation is one step towards the goal, and we’ll be using this money to continue to develop our library provision.”