Good Ofsted report for school
- Credit: Archant
An Exmouth school has been rated as ‘good with outstanding features’ by Ofsted inspectors.
They say pupils at Withycombe Raleigh C of E Primary School achieve above or well above average standards because of good and outstanding teaching.
Three inspectors spent two days at the school during the last week of the summer term, and their report has just been published.
In it, they also say pupils’ behaviour is outstanding, and they enjoy attending school where they feel safe and well cared for.
The school was said to provide a nurturing environment and all the staff were said to be very caring.
You may also want to watch:
The school was previously ranked as ‘outstanding’ in 2010, but since then Ofsted has introduced a tougher inspection regime.
Lead inspector Anne Newall says to become outstanding under the new Ofsted framework, the school needs to continue improving pupil progress and attainment and ensure high ability pupils are pushed to achieve their full potential
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 5 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 6 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 7 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 10 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
Headteacher Steve Powley said: “Our aim is always to be outstanding and the school continues to improve. We are a high attaining, caring and nurturing church school where our children enjoy an exciting and enriched curriculum.
“We continually strive to ensure high levels of teaching and learning throughout the school.
“Our challenge now is to build on our success and ensure outstanding progress and achievement for all learners all of the time.
“We are also improving the quality of our learning environment with a major new building programme that will benefit our pupils and staff.
“The new two-storey teaching block is almost complete and we are very excited about adding to our modern and well-resourced facilities for our school.
“We will also benefit from a new extension to our hall that is currently underway and be completed by the end of term.”