Good Ofsted report for school
- Credit: Archant
An Exmouth school has been rated as ‘good with outstanding features’ by Ofsted inspectors.
They say pupils at Withycombe Raleigh C of E Primary School achieve above or well above average standards because of good and outstanding teaching.
Three inspectors spent two days at the school during the last week of the summer term, and their report has just been published.
In it, they also say pupils’ behaviour is outstanding, and they enjoy attending school where they feel safe and well cared for.
The school was said to provide a nurturing environment and all the staff were said to be very caring.
You may also want to watch:
The school was previously ranked as ‘outstanding’ in 2010, but since then Ofsted has introduced a tougher inspection regime.
Lead inspector Anne Newall says to become outstanding under the new Ofsted framework, the school needs to continue improving pupil progress and attainment and ensure high ability pupils are pushed to achieve their full potential
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 3 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 John and Grace run for the heart
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 8 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
Headteacher Steve Powley said: “Our aim is always to be outstanding and the school continues to improve. We are a high attaining, caring and nurturing church school where our children enjoy an exciting and enriched curriculum.
“We continually strive to ensure high levels of teaching and learning throughout the school.
“Our challenge now is to build on our success and ensure outstanding progress and achievement for all learners all of the time.
“We are also improving the quality of our learning environment with a major new building programme that will benefit our pupils and staff.
“The new two-storey teaching block is almost complete and we are very excited about adding to our modern and well-resourced facilities for our school.
“We will also benefit from a new extension to our hall that is currently underway and be completed by the end of term.”