Free training offered to young jobless
A Topsham firm is offering jobless young people free training that could lead to a guaranteed work experience position.
PGL Training is preparing to run two-week employment skills courses to anyone aged between 16 and 23 who is currently not in work, education or training, as part of its Your Call initiative.
If students complete the course satisfactorily, they will be offered a guaranteed work experience placement in the local area.
The scheme has been backed by East Devon MP Hugo Swire, who said: “This project is a great initiative and something that I am supportive of.”
The two-week courses will all cover CV writing and English, maths and IT skills, and there will be a range of vocational tasters including: customer service; health and safety; plumbing; electrical; environmental studies; warehousing; and business administration.
You may also want to watch:
Top performers will also qualify for an added incentive from PGL, such as cinema tickets and mobile phone top-up vouchers.
PGL Training director Andy White said: “For those who complete the course and show the right attributes we’ll guarantee work experience with one of the hundreds of local employers we work with.”
- 1 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 2 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 3 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 4 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 5 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 6 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 7 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 8 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 9 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 10 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
“And if the employer and the youngster agree, this could then lead to a formal traineeship, subject to eligibility, which could last up to six months.”
Enrolment for the courses take place in January 2014. To register for a place, visit www.pgltraining.com/applications.asp or call 01392 437373.