Free training offered to young jobless
A Topsham firm is offering jobless young people free training that could lead to a guaranteed work experience position.
PGL Training is preparing to run two-week employment skills courses to anyone aged between 16 and 23 who is currently not in work, education or training, as part of its Your Call initiative.
If students complete the course satisfactorily, they will be offered a guaranteed work experience placement in the local area.
The scheme has been backed by East Devon MP Hugo Swire, who said: “This project is a great initiative and something that I am supportive of.”
The two-week courses will all cover CV writing and English, maths and IT skills, and there will be a range of vocational tasters including: customer service; health and safety; plumbing; electrical; environmental studies; warehousing; and business administration.
You may also want to watch:
Top performers will also qualify for an added incentive from PGL, such as cinema tickets and mobile phone top-up vouchers.
PGL Training director Andy White said: “For those who complete the course and show the right attributes we’ll guarantee work experience with one of the hundreds of local employers we work with.”
- 1 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 4 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 8 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 9 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 10 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
“And if the employer and the youngster agree, this could then lead to a formal traineeship, subject to eligibility, which could last up to six months.”
Enrolment for the courses take place in January 2014. To register for a place, visit www.pgltraining.com/applications.asp or call 01392 437373.