Exmouth students report for the BBC
The BBC School Report team visited the BBC Television Centre in preparation for their News Report Day last week.
Our students were swiftly in action as they visited the BBC Newsround offices. Ricky, Sonali and Leah from the Newsround team answered the students inquisitive questions on how the news is produced and how it is adapted for the younger generation.
The students were then shown around the historical building as they learnt about news production and the BBC’s values.
On the tour they visited the News Centre, studios (including watching Claudia Winkleman rehearsing for Comic Relief in Studio One), star dressing rooms, took part in an interactive game show, had a go at weather presenting and even read their own news bulletin.
As the students walked through the celebrity entrance, they were amazed to be walking past the UK sensation N-Dubz.
You may also want to watch:
There was also plenty of memorabilia along the way, including Kat’s coat in Eastenders and a Cyberman from Doctor Who, even Gordon the Gofer made an appearance.
After the tour, the students recorded some radio and television promotions for the BBC School Report Day channel.
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 3 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 4 Budleigh Lions welcome two new members
- 5 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 6 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 7 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 8 Fairlynch Museum opens its doors for longer visits
- 9 Repair cafe opens again
- 10 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
National news reader Huw Edwards, then joined the students for a question and answers session in preparation for School Report Day.
They quizzed the highly regarded news reader on interviewing techniques, research tips, career highlights and personal achievements.
A spokesman for the school said: “A truly inspirational day was had by all the students as they valued the top tips given in preparation for School Report Day. You can catch up with how the students did on School Report Day, which took place on Thursday, March 24, by visiting www.exmouthjournal.co.uk and clicking on the link.