Exmouth students report for the BBC
The BBC School Report team visited the BBC Television Centre in preparation for their News Report Day last week.
Our students were swiftly in action as they visited the BBC Newsround offices. Ricky, Sonali and Leah from the Newsround team answered the students inquisitive questions on how the news is produced and how it is adapted for the younger generation.
The students were then shown around the historical building as they learnt about news production and the BBC’s values.
On the tour they visited the News Centre, studios (including watching Claudia Winkleman rehearsing for Comic Relief in Studio One), star dressing rooms, took part in an interactive game show, had a go at weather presenting and even read their own news bulletin.
As the students walked through the celebrity entrance, they were amazed to be walking past the UK sensation N-Dubz.
You may also want to watch:
There was also plenty of memorabilia along the way, including Kat’s coat in Eastenders and a Cyberman from Doctor Who, even Gordon the Gofer made an appearance.
After the tour, the students recorded some radio and television promotions for the BBC School Report Day channel.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 3 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 4 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 5 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 6 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 7 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 8 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 9 Community energy funding helps TRIP coordinate thousands of requests for support
- 10 Temporary seafront attractions to remain in place for the summer
National news reader Huw Edwards, then joined the students for a question and answers session in preparation for School Report Day.
They quizzed the highly regarded news reader on interviewing techniques, research tips, career highlights and personal achievements.
A spokesman for the school said: “A truly inspirational day was had by all the students as they valued the top tips given in preparation for School Report Day. You can catch up with how the students did on School Report Day, which took place on Thursday, March 24, by visiting www.exmouthjournal.co.uk and clicking on the link.