Exmouth students report for the BBC
The BBC School Report team visited the BBC Television Centre in preparation for their News Report Day last week.
Our students were swiftly in action as they visited the BBC Newsround offices. Ricky, Sonali and Leah from the Newsround team answered the students inquisitive questions on how the news is produced and how it is adapted for the younger generation.
The students were then shown around the historical building as they learnt about news production and the BBC’s values.
On the tour they visited the News Centre, studios (including watching Claudia Winkleman rehearsing for Comic Relief in Studio One), star dressing rooms, took part in an interactive game show, had a go at weather presenting and even read their own news bulletin.
As the students walked through the celebrity entrance, they were amazed to be walking past the UK sensation N-Dubz.
There was also plenty of memorabilia along the way, including Kat’s coat in Eastenders and a Cyberman from Doctor Who, even Gordon the Gofer made an appearance.
After the tour, the students recorded some radio and television promotions for the BBC School Report Day channel.
- 1 Met Office weather warning for wind in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 3 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 4 Council's process of awarding alderman title under review after John Humphreys case
- 5 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 6 Santa's sleigh and Family Fun Run: Exmouth Rotary announces Christmas events
- 7 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 8 Budleigh author's latest book launches this week
- 9 'All systems go' for Budleigh late-night shopping event
- 10 Exeter man guilty of threatening police officer on Exmouth seafront
National news reader Huw Edwards, then joined the students for a question and answers session in preparation for School Report Day.
They quizzed the highly regarded news reader on interviewing techniques, research tips, career highlights and personal achievements.
A spokesman for the school said: “A truly inspirational day was had by all the students as they valued the top tips given in preparation for School Report Day. You can catch up with how the students did on School Report Day, which took place on Thursday, March 24, by visiting www.exmouthjournal.co.uk and clicking on the link.