Exmouth Sea Cadets’ sailing adventure gets ‘seal’ of approval
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Sea Cadets’ new building construction is almost finished and the cadets have been busy moving into the new two-storey building.
However, training has still been carried out and the youngsters have been busy all weekend with sailing and helping man various stalls at the Exmouth Rotary Kite Festival.
Some of the youngsters sailed out to the sand bank at low tide to do some outdoor instruction and came across a seal happily sunning itself on the sand.
The youngsters crept up close to the seal, but not too close, without scaring it and had this great photograph taken with Sammy.
If you enjoy adventurous challenges, making new friends and just plain ‘having a good time’, then the sea cadets and Royal Marine Cadets could be for you.
You may also want to watch:
As a cadet, you get involved in a whole variety of exciting activities, ranging from indoor instruction on rope work, map reading and catering to outdoor challenges, such as rowing, power boating, canoeing, expeditions and adventure training, plus getting extra skills to give you a great head start in life.
There are three sections for the cadets:
- 1 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 2 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 3 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 4 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 5 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 6 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 7 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 8 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 9 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 10 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
? Junior cadets - 10-12 years.
? Sea cadets - 12-18 years.
? Marine cadets - 13-18 years.
If you are aged between 10 and 18, call 01395 279036 or pop along to the unit at Camperdown Terace to see what the Exmouth Sea Cadets and Royal Marine Cadets can offer you.
A whole new world could be waiting for you.