Exmouth’s little Olympians
Youngsters from across Exmouth got into the spirit of the Olympics, taking part in a host of fun sporting events
Little Olympians from pre-schools across Exmouth took part in a host of sporting activities at Withycombe Rugby Ground.
Some 10 pre-schools from the Exmouth Learning Community went head-to-head in the fun event, which included bouncy hoppers and welly throwing.
The sport-filled morning ended with a closing ceremony led by Exmouth mayor, John Humphries, and Olympic torch bearer, Colin Rowland, of Hulham Road, where each youngster was presented with a certificate and gold medal. A spokesperson for the event said: “The morning was a huge success despite the grey clouds. This was a real community event.
“The children all left with a smile on their faces and the pre-school staff formed some lasting friendships - a real Olympic legacy.”
You may also want to watch:
Pre-schools taking part in the Exmouth Little Olympians event were Bassetts Farm, Brixington, Dolphin, Lympstone, Rainbows, Sunshine and Withycombe.
Marpool, Little Otters and Treehouse pre-schools were forced to pull out of the event due to the wet weather.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 3 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 7 Exmouth Talking Newspaper celebrates 40th birthday
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 10 Covid support team thanks community for generous help
The organisers thanked all who helped make the event possible, and its sponsors.