Exmouth’s little Olympians
Youngsters from across Exmouth got into the spirit of the Olympics, taking part in a host of fun sporting events
Little Olympians from pre-schools across Exmouth took part in a host of sporting activities at Withycombe Rugby Ground.
Some 10 pre-schools from the Exmouth Learning Community went head-to-head in the fun event, which included bouncy hoppers and welly throwing.
The sport-filled morning ended with a closing ceremony led by Exmouth mayor, John Humphries, and Olympic torch bearer, Colin Rowland, of Hulham Road, where each youngster was presented with a certificate and gold medal. A spokesperson for the event said: “The morning was a huge success despite the grey clouds. This was a real community event.
“The children all left with a smile on their faces and the pre-school staff formed some lasting friendships - a real Olympic legacy.”
You may also want to watch:
Pre-schools taking part in the Exmouth Little Olympians event were Bassetts Farm, Brixington, Dolphin, Lympstone, Rainbows, Sunshine and Withycombe.
Marpool, Little Otters and Treehouse pre-schools were forced to pull out of the event due to the wet weather.
- 1 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 2 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
- 3 Topsham events planned after latest stop on lockdown roadmap
- 4 Topsham is one of the best places to live - its official
- 5 Exmouth residents urged to have their say on WPD’s five-year plan
- 6 Jurassic Fibre installs 10Gbps connection to Winslade Park
- 7 Exmouth RNLI called to rescue Kayaker
- 8 Builders merchant encouraging businesses to support Exmouth mental health organisation
- 9 Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront
- 10 Exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Mikeys Beach Bar
The organisers thanked all who helped make the event possible, and its sponsors.