Exmouth pupils gain badminton experience
eleven keen students from Exmouth Community College had the chance to officiate at the South West Regional Finals of the Centre Parcs National Schools Badminton Tournament.
The students, who were under the watchful eye of science teacher and badminston player, Mr Oxley, has a tremendous experience during the day.
Mr Oxley said: “The students gained a great deal of knowledge and experience on the day of the tournament.
“It was great to see them in the role of officiating as opposed to playing.
“They truely did the college and themselves proud, well done for the excellent officiating.”
You may also want to watch:
Not only have college students done well at officiating games, but it has also had success on the court with its under-14 and under-16 boys teams.
The under-14 boys badminton team of Ryan Taylor, Harry Savage, Joe Girvin, Oliver Dawe and Ben Lane calimed the Devon Champions title for 2011.
- 1 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 2 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 3 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 4 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 5 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 6 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 7 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 8 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 9 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 10 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
Claiming the same title for their age group, the under-16 boys team was made up of Alex Lane, Josh Adam, Jack Findel-Hawkins, Seb Jones and Reuben Neilan.