Exmouth pupils gain badminton experience
eleven keen students from Exmouth Community College had the chance to officiate at the South West Regional Finals of the Centre Parcs National Schools Badminton Tournament.
The students, who were under the watchful eye of science teacher and badminston player, Mr Oxley, has a tremendous experience during the day.
Mr Oxley said: “The students gained a great deal of knowledge and experience on the day of the tournament.
“It was great to see them in the role of officiating as opposed to playing.
“They truely did the college and themselves proud, well done for the excellent officiating.”
You may also want to watch:
Not only have college students done well at officiating games, but it has also had success on the court with its under-14 and under-16 boys teams.
The under-14 boys badminton team of Ryan Taylor, Harry Savage, Joe Girvin, Oliver Dawe and Ben Lane calimed the Devon Champions title for 2011.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 5 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 6 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 7 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 10 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
Claiming the same title for their age group, the under-16 boys team was made up of Alex Lane, Josh Adam, Jack Findel-Hawkins, Seb Jones and Reuben Neilan.