Exmouth pupils gain badminton experience
eleven keen students from Exmouth Community College had the chance to officiate at the South West Regional Finals of the Centre Parcs National Schools Badminton Tournament.
The students, who were under the watchful eye of science teacher and badminston player, Mr Oxley, has a tremendous experience during the day.
Mr Oxley said: “The students gained a great deal of knowledge and experience on the day of the tournament.
“It was great to see them in the role of officiating as opposed to playing.
“They truely did the college and themselves proud, well done for the excellent officiating.”
You may also want to watch:
Not only have college students done well at officiating games, but it has also had success on the court with its under-14 and under-16 boys teams.
The under-14 boys badminton team of Ryan Taylor, Harry Savage, Joe Girvin, Oliver Dawe and Ben Lane calimed the Devon Champions title for 2011.
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 5 Repair cafe opens again
- 6 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 7 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 8 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
Claiming the same title for their age group, the under-16 boys team was made up of Alex Lane, Josh Adam, Jack Findel-Hawkins, Seb Jones and Reuben Neilan.