Exmouth Community College announces new principal
- Credit: Archant
The new principal of Exmouth Community College has been named.
Andrew Davies, currently principal of Huish Episcopi Academy in Somerset, will take over in September, with current principal Tony Alexander to retire at the end of the summer term.
College chair of governors Jill Elson said: “The governing board are delighted to announce the appointment of Andrew Davis as the new principal of Exmouth Community College.
“Andrew brings a wealth of experience to the role. He is currently principal at Huish Episcopi Academy in Somerset where he has been since 2013.
“Prior to this he was head at Dawlish Community College for seven years.
You may also want to watch:
“The governors interviewed six candidates during a three-day assessment process which tested a wide range of skills and knowledge.
“Andrew stood out as an excellent candidate from the start.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 8 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 9 East Budleigh 'B' continue their unbeaten snooker start
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
“He will take up the post from the start of September 2017 when Mr Alexander, the current principal, retires.”