Exmouth Community College announces new principal
- Credit: Archant
The new principal of Exmouth Community College has been named.
Andrew Davies, currently principal of Huish Episcopi Academy in Somerset, will take over in September, with current principal Tony Alexander to retire at the end of the summer term.
College chair of governors Jill Elson said: “The governing board are delighted to announce the appointment of Andrew Davis as the new principal of Exmouth Community College.
“Andrew brings a wealth of experience to the role. He is currently principal at Huish Episcopi Academy in Somerset where he has been since 2013.
“Prior to this he was head at Dawlish Community College for seven years.
You may also want to watch:
“The governors interviewed six candidates during a three-day assessment process which tested a wide range of skills and knowledge.
“Andrew stood out as an excellent candidate from the start.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 5 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 6 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 9 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 10 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
“He will take up the post from the start of September 2017 when Mr Alexander, the current principal, retires.”