Exmouth Community College announces new principal
- Credit: Archant
The new principal of Exmouth Community College has been named.
Andrew Davies, currently principal of Huish Episcopi Academy in Somerset, will take over in September, with current principal Tony Alexander to retire at the end of the summer term.
College chair of governors Jill Elson said: “The governing board are delighted to announce the appointment of Andrew Davis as the new principal of Exmouth Community College.
“Andrew brings a wealth of experience to the role. He is currently principal at Huish Episcopi Academy in Somerset where he has been since 2013.
“Prior to this he was head at Dawlish Community College for seven years.
You may also want to watch:
“The governors interviewed six candidates during a three-day assessment process which tested a wide range of skills and knowledge.
“Andrew stood out as an excellent candidate from the start.
- 1 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 2 Exmouth residents urged to have their say on WPD’s five-year plan
- 3 Builders merchant encouraging businesses to support Exmouth mental health organisation
- 4 Jurassic Fibre installs 10Gbps connection to Winslade Park
- 5 Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront
- 6 ‘Light at the end of the tunnel’ for East Devon’s top attractions
- 7 Proper Fish and Chips expanding into Cranbrook
- 8 LED Leisure Centres ready to reopen
- 9 Fears over ‘seafront nightclub’ alleyed following licensing application concerns
- 10 Exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Mikeys Beach Bar
“He will take up the post from the start of September 2017 when Mr Alexander, the current principal, retires.”