Exmouth Community College announces new principal
- Credit: Archant
The new principal of Exmouth Community College has been named.
Andrew Davies, currently principal of Huish Episcopi Academy in Somerset, will take over in September, with current principal Tony Alexander to retire at the end of the summer term.
College chair of governors Jill Elson said: “The governing board are delighted to announce the appointment of Andrew Davis as the new principal of Exmouth Community College.
“Andrew brings a wealth of experience to the role. He is currently principal at Huish Episcopi Academy in Somerset where he has been since 2013.
“Prior to this he was head at Dawlish Community College for seven years.
You may also want to watch:
“The governors interviewed six candidates during a three-day assessment process which tested a wide range of skills and knowledge.
“Andrew stood out as an excellent candidate from the start.
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 5 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 6 Repair cafe opens again
- 7 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 8 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 9 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 10 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
“He will take up the post from the start of September 2017 when Mr Alexander, the current principal, retires.”