Encouraging Ofsted report for school
The Lady Seaward School in Clyst St George is celebrating after receiving an encouraging Ofsted report.
The report described the school as ‘good’, an improvement on the school’s last report in 2007 when it was described as ‘satisfactory’.
The school’s improvement has been credited to its membership of the First Federation - a union of five Devon schools overseen by an executive team of governors and executive head teacher Paul Jones.
Mr Jones said: “This is a tremendous result, but it is only the beginning for the school.
“The school has made very good progress over the last two years and we see the Ofsted inspection as an endorsement of what we are determined to achieve.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to congratulate the pupils, staff and parents for all their hard work and commitment in making Lady Seaward’s such an exciting place to learn.
“We are all committed to improving the school even further by building on our many strengths and driving forward to make the school outstanding in every area.”
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 4 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 5 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 6 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 7 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 8 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 9 New electric vehicle charging hubs given the green light
- 10 Ban and fine for speeding