Educational event at Exmouth library
ADULTS looking to develop their academic skills will be able to attend an educational event in Exmouth. A silver surfer event, part of Adult Learner s Week, the UK s largest learning campaign, will take place at Exmouth library, on Exeter Road, on Friday,
ADULTS looking to develop their academic skills will be able to attend an educational event in Exmouth.
A silver surfer event, part of Adult Learner's Week, the UK's largest learning campaign, will take place at Exmouth library, on Exeter Road, on Friday, May 15.
The scheme aims to promote education and training for adults. It also provides access to information, guidance and hopes to motivate people to participate in learning opportunities.
Mark Peasley, information and learning services manager at Devon County Council, said it was a valuable campaign.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "Adult learners' week is a celebration of everything that adults bring to their learning.
"It seeks to use the achievements of learners to inspire others to have to go - either to catch up on skills not learnt at school, learning a new skill, to learn for work - or even to learn for fun."
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 5 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 6 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 7 Repair cafe opens again
- 8 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
The campaign is a collaborative venture between education and training providers, broadcasters, and national and local government.