Educational event at Exmouth library
ADULTS looking to develop their academic skills will be able to attend an educational event in Exmouth. A silver surfer event, part of Adult Learner s Week, the UK s largest learning campaign, will take place at Exmouth library, on Exeter Road, on Friday,
ADULTS looking to develop their academic skills will be able to attend an educational event in Exmouth.
A silver surfer event, part of Adult Learner's Week, the UK's largest learning campaign, will take place at Exmouth library, on Exeter Road, on Friday, May 15.
The scheme aims to promote education and training for adults. It also provides access to information, guidance and hopes to motivate people to participate in learning opportunities.
Mark Peasley, information and learning services manager at Devon County Council, said it was a valuable campaign.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "Adult learners' week is a celebration of everything that adults bring to their learning.
"It seeks to use the achievements of learners to inspire others to have to go - either to catch up on skills not learnt at school, learning a new skill, to learn for work - or even to learn for fun."
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 5 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 6 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 9 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 10 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
The campaign is a collaborative venture between education and training providers, broadcasters, and national and local government.