Educational event at Exmouth library
ADULTS looking to develop their academic skills will be able to attend an educational event in Exmouth. A silver surfer event, part of Adult Learner s Week, the UK s largest learning campaign, will take place at Exmouth library, on Exeter Road, on Friday,
ADULTS looking to develop their academic skills will be able to attend an educational event in Exmouth.
A silver surfer event, part of Adult Learner's Week, the UK's largest learning campaign, will take place at Exmouth library, on Exeter Road, on Friday, May 15.
The scheme aims to promote education and training for adults. It also provides access to information, guidance and hopes to motivate people to participate in learning opportunities.
Mark Peasley, information and learning services manager at Devon County Council, said it was a valuable campaign.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "Adult learners' week is a celebration of everything that adults bring to their learning.
"It seeks to use the achievements of learners to inspire others to have to go - either to catch up on skills not learnt at school, learning a new skill, to learn for work - or even to learn for fun."
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 6 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 7 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon
- 8 Rail users can enjoy 'moor' views as Dartmoor Line reopens after 50 years
- 9 Dickens classic on course for Pavilion show this winter
- 10 New live music festival is coming to Exmouth next year
The campaign is a collaborative venture between education and training providers, broadcasters, and national and local government.