Educational event at Exmouth library
ADULTS looking to develop their academic skills will be able to attend an educational event in Exmouth. A silver surfer event, part of Adult Learner s Week, the UK s largest learning campaign, will take place at Exmouth library, on Exeter Road, on Friday,
ADULTS looking to develop their academic skills will be able to attend an educational event in Exmouth.
A silver surfer event, part of Adult Learner's Week, the UK's largest learning campaign, will take place at Exmouth library, on Exeter Road, on Friday, May 15.
The scheme aims to promote education and training for adults. It also provides access to information, guidance and hopes to motivate people to participate in learning opportunities.
Mark Peasley, information and learning services manager at Devon County Council, said it was a valuable campaign.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "Adult learners' week is a celebration of everything that adults bring to their learning.
"It seeks to use the achievements of learners to inspire others to have to go - either to catch up on skills not learnt at school, learning a new skill, to learn for work - or even to learn for fun."
- 1 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 2 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 3 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 4 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 5 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 6 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 7 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 8 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 9 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 10 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
The campaign is a collaborative venture between education and training providers, broadcasters, and national and local government.