Drum roll for artwork
A grateful laundrette owner has made a donation to Litlleham School’s PTFA after the school’s children brightened up his business.
Every year, Jef Pirie, of Littleham Cross Laundrette, asks a different Exmouth school to contribute artwork to show on the walls.
This year, the chosen school was Littleham, and Jef has now donated �100 to the school’s PTFA to thank the pupils for their efforts.
Jef said: “I started the scheme a few years ago because I wanted to brighten up the launderette with some attractive pictures, but nothing that would be so attractive it would get ‘borrowed’.
“I have always thought we should all do more to encourage children’s creativity, so I started approaching local schools. Although the styles change from year to year, the standard is always excellent.
You may also want to watch:
“My customers really like to see the pictures and, needless to say, the children like to see their work shown in public.”
- 1 Mayor breaks ground at new Topsham retirement development
- 2 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 3 New recruits to help keep a safe watch over Exmouth coast
- 4 Budleigh's community workshop is proud of its heritage
- 5 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 6 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 7 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 8 Black belt grading success for Lympstone and Exmouth Karate students
- 9 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 10 Repair café returns to town to lend a helping hand