Drum roll for artwork
A grateful laundrette owner has made a donation to Litlleham School’s PTFA after the school’s children brightened up his business.
Every year, Jef Pirie, of Littleham Cross Laundrette, asks a different Exmouth school to contribute artwork to show on the walls.
This year, the chosen school was Littleham, and Jef has now donated �100 to the school’s PTFA to thank the pupils for their efforts.
Jef said: “I started the scheme a few years ago because I wanted to brighten up the launderette with some attractive pictures, but nothing that would be so attractive it would get ‘borrowed’.
“I have always thought we should all do more to encourage children’s creativity, so I started approaching local schools. Although the styles change from year to year, the standard is always excellent.
You may also want to watch:
“My customers really like to see the pictures and, needless to say, the children like to see their work shown in public.”
- 1 Booktrack success for Fraya, 10
- 2 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 3 Lifetime membership for Exmouth in Bloom’s 100th ‘friend’
- 4 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 5 Budleigh CIC to launch more courses for adults with learning disabilities
- 6 All about the data for Exmouth youth
- 7 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 8 Wild fire warning after camp fire remnants found at Bystock
- 9 Youngsters thriving in outdoor environment
- 10 Youngsters complete staggered marathon for FORCE with support from Exmouth GP patients