Drum roll for artwork
A grateful laundrette owner has made a donation to Litlleham School’s PTFA after the school’s children brightened up his business.
Every year, Jef Pirie, of Littleham Cross Laundrette, asks a different Exmouth school to contribute artwork to show on the walls.
This year, the chosen school was Littleham, and Jef has now donated �100 to the school’s PTFA to thank the pupils for their efforts.
Jef said: “I started the scheme a few years ago because I wanted to brighten up the launderette with some attractive pictures, but nothing that would be so attractive it would get ‘borrowed’.
“I have always thought we should all do more to encourage children’s creativity, so I started approaching local schools. Although the styles change from year to year, the standard is always excellent.
You may also want to watch:
“My customers really like to see the pictures and, needless to say, the children like to see their work shown in public.”
- 1 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 2 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 3 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 4 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 5 Vandals target vital equipment used by coastwatch team
- 6 Serious injury abandons Exmouth v Brislington
- 7 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 8 Call for 370 more care workers in East Devon
- 9 Exmouth salutes its 'town of flowers' award winners
- 10 St Peter's runner-up in Devon's best churchyard award