Cyclists converge for a good cause at Stallcombe
- Credit: Archant
Sixty members of the Cycling Touring Club converged on Stallcombe House for a coffee and cake fundraiser last week.
The weekly ‘bike bus’ takes place every Thursday when cyclists meet up and socialise at various destinations throughout the county.
And last week’s gathering was at Stallcombe House, a 55-acre home for 33 adults with learning disabilities. The visitors chatted over a selection of cream cakes and hot fresh coffee, and between them they raised over £250 for the Stallcombe Charitable Trust.
Deputy manager Christine Jarman said: “This is the second year we have welcomed the CTC here; it is great having so many cyclists coming from so far to enjoy the facilities that Stallcombe has to offer.
“Our residents love to see and meet new people.
You may also want to watch:
We are also really grateful for the money they have raised here today, we are hoping to see many of them here again on Saturday, July 20 when we are holding our annual Family Fun Dog Show and Traditional Summer Fair.”
The event will be between 11am and 4.30pm.
- 1 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 2 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 3 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 4 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 5 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 6 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 7 Exmouth Property Of the Week - Victoria Road
- 8 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 9 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National