Cycle event for Budleigh youngsters
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Budleigh’s St Peter’s C of E Primary School is getting young people on their bikes, holding its first Go Ride Cycling event since becoming affiliated with British Cycling.
And the good news is it’s not just open to pupils – all youngsters aged seven to 11 (key stage two) from the Budleigh area can attend.
The event takes place at Bicton College on March 6 between 4pm and 5.45pm.
It will consist of a series of age and gender group time trial and races, and is also being supported by CS Dynamo, Sky Breeze, Devon and Cornwall Police, Exeter Eagles BMX and Active Budleigh.
The idea is to introduce young people to cycling in a fun and exciting way, make them aware of local cycling routes and cycle clubs, and introduce them to competition whilst also rewarding taking part.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils from St Peter’s and Littleham primary schools will be at the event.
For other children to take part, they need to read the information at http://classes.st-peters-school.org.uk/school-sport-2012-2013.html, download and bring to the event the attached consent form, and provide their name and age to St Peter’s teacher Phillip Lee by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01395 443167.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 6 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 7 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 8 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
If a child wants to use a British Cycling bicycle then they must book one by contacting Mr Lee in advance.
All children must be supervised by their parent, guardian or carer throughout the event.