Cycle event for Budleigh youngsters
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Budleigh’s St Peter’s C of E Primary School is getting young people on their bikes, holding its first Go Ride Cycling event since becoming affiliated with British Cycling.
And the good news is it’s not just open to pupils – all youngsters aged seven to 11 (key stage two) from the Budleigh area can attend.
The event takes place at Bicton College on March 6 between 4pm and 5.45pm.
It will consist of a series of age and gender group time trial and races, and is also being supported by CS Dynamo, Sky Breeze, Devon and Cornwall Police, Exeter Eagles BMX and Active Budleigh.
The idea is to introduce young people to cycling in a fun and exciting way, make them aware of local cycling routes and cycle clubs, and introduce them to competition whilst also rewarding taking part.
Pupils from St Peter’s and Littleham primary schools will be at the event.
For other children to take part, they need to read the information at http://classes.st-peters-school.org.uk/school-sport-2012-2013.html, download and bring to the event the attached consent form, and provide their name and age to St Peter’s teacher Phillip Lee by emailing email@example.com or calling 01395 443167.
- 1 Councillors formally support bid for levelling up fund
- 2 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 3 Hilary Mantel's desk fetches more than £4,000 at auction
- 4 What if housing developments could be done differently?
- 5 In=person exams made a welcome return this year, now for the Proms...
- 6 Do you remember the general election of 1979?
- 7 Angry passenger keyed a car in disabled parking dispute
- 8 Comedian Jason Bryne announces Exmouth date
- 9 Lympstone school rated 'good' at latest Ofsted report
- 10 Urgent help needed alleviate ambulance and hospital emergencies
If a child wants to use a British Cycling bicycle then they must book one by contacting Mr Lee in advance.
All children must be supervised by their parent, guardian or carer throughout the event.