Community Cadets receive awards
The Exmouth Community Cadets are celebrating after receiving their certificates.
The cadets have been working with the police and the fire service for over a year, being taught how to fight fires, perform CPR and conduct a police investigation.
They have also supported the community at numerous events, such as the ‘Teddy Bear’ drop, the Devon County Show, the Christmas Cracker and the Exmouth Festival.
Before receiving their final certificates, the group of 15 cadets had to give a demonstration of their new skills in front of family and friends.
All aged between 15 and 16, they received their certificates from Assistant Chief Fire Officer Pete Smith.
You may also want to watch:
The Community Cadet scheme is being supported by Exmouth Town Council, which has agreed to support it for three years.
- 1 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan
- 4 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 5 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 6 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 7 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 8 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 New live music festival is coming to Exmouth next year