Community Cadets receive awards
The Exmouth Community Cadets are celebrating after receiving their certificates.
The cadets have been working with the police and the fire service for over a year, being taught how to fight fires, perform CPR and conduct a police investigation.
They have also supported the community at numerous events, such as the ‘Teddy Bear’ drop, the Devon County Show, the Christmas Cracker and the Exmouth Festival.
Before receiving their final certificates, the group of 15 cadets had to give a demonstration of their new skills in front of family and friends.
All aged between 15 and 16, they received their certificates from Assistant Chief Fire Officer Pete Smith.
You may also want to watch:
The Community Cadet scheme is being supported by Exmouth Town Council, which has agreed to support it for three years.
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 3 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 4 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 5 Fairlynch Museum opens its doors for longer visits
- 6 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 7 Rugby star Ben Moon’s Testimonial year begins
- 8 Shore anglers enjoy more success than charter boats
- 9 Budleigh Colts reach the Devon final
- 10 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open