College to get wiggy with it for CLIC
- Credit: Archant
Pupils and staff at Exmouth Community College are set to don colourful wigs in class to help raise money for charity.
Year nine at the college is taking part in Wig Wednesday, on May 22, which encourages workplaces, schools and groups of friends to wear a wig for a day and make a donation to CLIC Sargent.
Head of year nine Anne Thorn said: “We are very proud to be supporting CLIC Sargent by taking part in Wig Wednesday.
“It is a fantastic idea because it is so easy for everyone to get involved and raise some money for an excellent cause. I’m sure we will have a lot of fun on the day and I’m intrigued to see the types of wigs the pupils and staff come in wearing. Most importantly I want us to raise as much money as possible to help CLIC Sargent to keep doing the amazing work they do.”
CLIC Sargent fundraising manager for Devon Sarah Shaw said: “We are delighted that year nine at Exmouth Community College has decided to show their support for children and young people with cancer and their families by getting involved, and we hope that many Devon schools follow their lead.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about Wig Wednesday visit www.clicsargent.org.uk/wigwednesday, then to sign up call 0845 1212492 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 2 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 3 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 4 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 5 Rugby hopeful for a brighter summer
- 6 Town council’s slice of tax bill set to decrease
- 7 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 8 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 9 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 10 Headteacher ‘blown away’ by response to computer fundraising campaign