College to get wiggy with it for CLIC
- Credit: Archant
Pupils and staff at Exmouth Community College are set to don colourful wigs in class to help raise money for charity.
Year nine at the college is taking part in Wig Wednesday, on May 22, which encourages workplaces, schools and groups of friends to wear a wig for a day and make a donation to CLIC Sargent.
Head of year nine Anne Thorn said: “We are very proud to be supporting CLIC Sargent by taking part in Wig Wednesday.
“It is a fantastic idea because it is so easy for everyone to get involved and raise some money for an excellent cause. I’m sure we will have a lot of fun on the day and I’m intrigued to see the types of wigs the pupils and staff come in wearing. Most importantly I want us to raise as much money as possible to help CLIC Sargent to keep doing the amazing work they do.”
CLIC Sargent fundraising manager for Devon Sarah Shaw said: “We are delighted that year nine at Exmouth Community College has decided to show their support for children and young people with cancer and their families by getting involved, and we hope that many Devon schools follow their lead.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about Wig Wednesday visit www.clicsargent.org.uk/wigwednesday, then to sign up call 0845 1212492 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 2 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 3 Withycombe Ladies announce new coach
- 4 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 5 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 6 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 7 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 8 Last-minute drama for East Budleigh
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Seven-goal Brixington turn on the style